1.3

"Master, I sincerely apologize. I'm ready to submit my resignation letter anytime, " the old driver seriously said.

"No, you've been my driver for more than 20 years. This is the first time something like this happened. Let's just quickly go to the hospital."

The man talking is the retired chief executive officer of a well-respected and renowned technology company. Despite being in his 50s, his form still looked robust and he only has few strands of white hair.

Earlier, something unexpected happened.

Thankfully, the kid is not crushed by the impact of bumping in the car.

[Wait? Isn't this man the male lead's father? ]

In the original story, he didn't appear much since the male lead hated him.

"Master, we're here. "

The man immediately carried the unconscious little one, carefully taking him out.

"I, once again, deeply apologize."

"Hm, wait for him to wake up first. Then, we'll both apologize."

The old butler nodded.

[Seriously? Thomas Schalander? (*゚ロ゚*) ] Pochi confirmed after searching in his database.

Mr. Schalander now noticed after placing the child in the hospital bed that aside from being dirty and having tattered clothes, he also has several scratches, especially in his bare feet.

His gaze soften. Feeling distressed for the little one.

He visited the boy tomorrow morning. He's beyond surprised to see what the boy looked like after the nurses finished cleaning him.

The boy's pale skin looked so soft, perfectly contrasting against his dark hazelnut hair. He has a noticeable mole on his slender neck. He owns lovely red plump lips and has a pointed little nose. He has long and thick eyelashes and his brows are gently curved.

What a beautiful child.

"Is he still staring?"

[Yes.]

"Okay, tell me when to wake up. "

Avery woke up 10 minutes ago and was fully aware that he's being stared at. Pochi told him what happened when he woke up last night and was surprised to know that he actually encountered the male lead's father.

[He's not a suspicious person. Before he's having affairs left and right but after Reign's mother died, he realized that he actually loves her very much. He wanted to atone for his mistakes but the male lead won't let him.]

The youth fluttered his eyes open.

"You're awake?"

"Nn. "

"My driver is not here with me today but I apologize on his behalf. I am sincerely sorry for what happened. If you want anything, just tell me. "

Mr. Schalander is slightly beginning to feel nervous since the boy is not responding.

"I am sorry. It's fine if you don't want to accept our apology but please accept our help. "

The boy's sky blue eyes stared at him innocently.

"Nn," he tried to nod.

A nurse came in, slightly startling the man.

"Sir, it seems like he can't talk. Last night, after bathing him, he woke up for a short while and we tried talking to him but he just used gestures to answer."

"Oh."

He turned his head from the nurse to the boy. Avery nodded again.

The nurse gave some prescriptions and told the man that the boy is not heavily injured. After the nurse left, Mr. Schalander sat at the monobloc beside the youth's bed.

"Do you understand me? "

"Nn. "

"Do you still have your parents? "

Avery shook his head.

The man felt pity.

"What about other relatives?"

Avery shook his head again.

Mr. Schalander thought that he's such a precious child and yet he's all alone. Like him.

His son is living together with him but it feels like he had already lost him.

"What's your name? " he asked while handing the boy his phone.

Avery typed it out.

"Engel? That name is befitting, " he offered his hand for a handshake, "My name is Thomas Schalander. It's nice meeting you. "

They interacted for three more days before he was offered by the man to stay at his home in A City.

[There'll be a big chance that you'll meet that two-faced biatch once you accept. ]

"Hm. "

Avery is planning to accept from the very beginning. He had the same thoughts. He needs to be near the protagonist to fulfill his task. He also needs a good backer on his side.

After Engel accepted, Mr. Schalander felt like he's in reverie. He regretted not taking care of his son and forsaking his wife. Now, he will surely treat the child right.