1.6

In a week,  he'll start attending school. He'll inevitably meet the protagonist on the campus despite being in different buildings. Avery will make sure to shake her enough to notice him. He'll make her know that a person named Engel has come to haunt her and tear the thick mask of hers. She's wearing it for years,  might as well lend her a hand to take it off.

"Are you sure there's no detailed timeline on when the female and male lead got together?" his brows furrowed slightly.

[Yes, the details are vague and I can't really find anything relevant. It seems like the data is simply unreliable. ┐(´д`)┌ ]

Avery sighed.

The plot is progressing too little. If that's the case, he'll expedite it himself.

The male lead is the key. In the sypnosis, Daina's current main goal is to obtain Reign's heart.

Speaking of which, that man completely turned 180 degrees after knowing that he is not an actual 'bastard' son.

The man started giving him little gifts such as stuff toys,  body pillows, clothes, bracelets, pendants, and whatnot. There are already too much that he doesn't know where to put all of it.

Meanwhile, in the TechZone Company,  a man in a leather swivel chair is casually scrolling in his tablet, looking through an online shop.

'He's seventeen but he's tiny, these pajamas would look too big on him. '

'What about this floral pattern?'

'How about buying the shorts type instead of the long ones? '

"...ss"

A man in a gray suit stood patiently about a meter away from his boss' table.

"Boss," he said for the nth time. His legs are going numb for standing there too long.

Thankfully, heavens have mercy. His boss turned his attention away from the tablet and looked at the poor secretary.

"What?" he felt slightly agitated. He's busy shopping for his baby brother,  he doesn't want to be interrupted while doing an important thing.

He's a man who sets his priorities straight and clear.

Jerome shivered,  "Ah... The m-meeting boss, it's about to start so... "

"I understand, you may go. "

When Reign saw the man going out,  he then again continued browsing shops.

In the end, he managed to be only an hour late.

For the first time ever, he didn't over time. He packed his things and immediately drove his way home.

He knows.

He knows that the little boy with innocent sky-colored eyes is causing him to change.

He didn't dislike his own's subtle changes. He's not bothered at all.

When he was young,  his father and mother would always argue. His father was fed up and often left the house. His mother took care of him but she will sometimes space out. He was all alone.

It became harder for him to talk to others when his mother died because of heart attack.

He doesn't know how to socialize. He developed an enormous ego and an absurd amount of pride.

Meeting the little boy for the first time made him feel comfortable. He's not supposed to feel that. Especially when he thought that the boy was his father's child from another woman. His mother cried every night because she knows about his father's affairs.

Knowing that the boy was mute gave his heart a tickle but he steeled his heart.

But after his father explained everything,  he felt at ease for some unfathomable reason.

Maybe it's because he craved for family. He's actually ecstatic to have a little brother.

He may forgive his father a little since because of him,  he met the little one.

Often, he'll see a small figure in an apron cooking. It made him happy.

Sometimes, in the afternoon, he'll see that figure again while watering the plants. It made him smile.

Despite not saying much,  he already promised himself that he'll take care of the boy. He'll dote on him like the good big brother he is.

He will be the world's greatest big brother!

That small figured boy, "..."