1.4

They arrived at A city's capital yesterday and he already has a room prepared in advance.

The servants treated him neither too warm nor too cold. Aside from the driver, Mister Mike, who profusely keeps on apologizing, he hasn't interacted much with them.

There are three maids, one butler, two drivers, and five guards.

It wasn't clear if the man will actually really adopt him or he'll just stay in the mansion for the time being but anything is fine.

The butler told him to never ever go up the third floor since that floor is exclusively for their young master Reign who is currently in overseas.

[Host, do you have a plan?]

Avery didn't answer and instead bit his bottom lip. Since there's no time limit, why rush?

"When will the male lead come back? "

[A week from now, but since the data is proven to be not reliable, it can be earlier or longer than the indicated day.]

His main mission is to destroy Scarlette but it'll be hard to do it on his own. While in his sub-tasks, it says that he ought to have a family. Since Mr. Schalander didn't formally adopt him, it'll not count. For now, he'll ask to study in an art school which is the easiest task. It'll be preferable if he'll be in the same school as Daina. Since Engel is only 17, he'll have to enroll in the senior high division. If he's not wrong,  Daina is now 21.

Daina joined a contest last year in which she won first place. That contest was sponsored by the male lead, Reign. At that moment, she fell in love at first sight.

The youth didn't understand.

How is that possible?

How can you love someone you met for the first time?

How can you even tell that what you felt is love?

What even is love?

[...ost. Host? ]

He snapped back to reality once he heard Pochi calling.

[It's almost afternoon and you haven't eaten anything yet since breakfast.]

"Hm, deactivate first while I'll eat. "

[Okay!]

The youth doesn't intend to ask for the maids to cook for him since he can do it himself.

He went down the stairs and head straight to the spacious kitchen.

An hour later, he finished cooking vegetable fried rice, sweet and sour pork and mushroom soup. He made extras for the servants.

When he's already quietly eating, a maid came in.

"Oh my! Young master Engel, did you cook? Oh my! Oh my!" the maid panicked and thought that they are too negligent to let the poor boy cook his own food.

Mr. Schalander will think that they purposely bullied the boy while he's away!

Avery unhurriedly put down his spoon, he stared at the maid and motioned for her to come over.

The maid is shocked but still complied.

Avery pointed at the food and then at the maid's mouth.

"Are you... Are you giving it to me? " the food smelled heavenly and thought that the youth is even a better cook than her!

Avery nodded.

She felt touched and thought how nice of him. Aside from being beautiful, he's also thoughtful and kind!

The other two maids came and the first maid told them what happened and that Engel is asking them to eat.

They, too, felt touched.

From that day, Avery will sometimes cook for himself, Mr. Schalander and the servants. He succeeded in capturing both their stomachs and hearts.

"The male lead is still overseas? It's been a month. "

[I actually expected him to go home earlier but it dragged out for a month.(╥_╥'). I think he'll surely be coming home anytime by now. ] the system thought that Reign is such a troublesome male lead.

Avery is living a comfortable life in the mansion. The servants now liked him, Mr. Schalander doted on him like he is his real son. The man even immediately enrolled him in the art school of his choice, St. Moné.

His luck is too good.

It's afternoon and he is leisurely walking in the garden when he bumped at something.

Why is there even a wall in the middle of---

A tall man in a suit is glaring at him.

"Who are you? "

"Young master Reign! " the butler interfered.

The man narrowed his phoenix-like eyes, "Young master? "

"Who is that kid," he pointed at the youth.

"He--" before even the butler begins to explain, he scoffed.

"Nevermind, I am already expecting this. That good for nothing old man probably has a bastard child or two," he sneered, "Just tell that bastard kid to stay away from my sight."

What?

[ How dare you call my host a bastard?! I'mma fight you (╬◣д◢)!! ]

° Little Theater °

Reign: Baby, why are you avoiding me?

Avery (Engel) :  *types on his phone*
You literally said this in verbatim: "Just tell that bastard kid to stay away from my sight."

Reign: ...

Pochi: *pats Reign's back  ( ˘•ω•˘ )ノ *

Reign: (ಥ_ಥ)。