#Yourturn-2

I tensed.

I felt all my emotions run out of control and had to fight not to tear up.

"What?"

I asked in a flat voice, trying to show how emotional his name made me.

"Two days ago a newly released patient report him for sexual assault. Yesterday three more girls came forward with a similar story. We're investigating to see if there's any other victims. Do you recall any inappropriate behavior Doctor Giles displayed towards you or any other patients?"

He could see how uncomfortable I was.

I knew he could.

"Like I said, that man helped my daughter. If it wasn't for him, she might be dead right now. Those girls are clearly lying. He's become a good friend of mine-"

I looked at her with wide eyes.

She still talks to him?

"He's your friend?" I asked before I could stop myself.

She looked at me with confusion.

"Of course. He asks about you and your recovery all the time."

She turned back to Rowan's dad.

"He clearly cares deeply about his patients and would never-" I cut her off again.

"Mom. Stop. Please stop." I said feeling my throat close up and finding it hard to breath.

She looked at me and suddenly a ton of different emotions flashed in her eyes.

"Madeline?" She asked in a shaky voice.

I closed my eyes and swallowed.

I opened my eyes to see them both looking at me.

I'm sick of hiding this pain.

Hiding how he hurt me.

He's done this to four other girls, even more I bet.

I have to come clean.

"I had been in rehab for about three months or so when I escaped for a night. I got out and drank. They found me quickly and the next morning he called for me." I felt myself tearing up.

I'd never spoken about this aloud before.

I barely even think about it.

My mother covered her mouth and her eyes went wide.

"Please go on." Rowan's dad said softly.

I nodded.

"He told me liked me and he wasn't going to make me stay a whole year, just three more months. I asked him why he'd do that, he said he didn't think my drinking was serious and he offered me a small bottle of vodka."

I wiped my eyes and couldn't even bring myself to look at mom.

"I was an addict so I took it. It hit me harder than usual. I passed out."

I sobbed and wiped my eyes again.

"Baby no." My mom said with a shaky voice.

"When I woke up I was confused."

My mind put me back in that small office.

I felt a hand over my mouth and I started to grunt.

My eyes opened.

Doctor Giles was over me.