#Monkeyman-2

"You said Dunbar Rakes. You remember him?" He asked confused.

"No. I heard him name the other day and it's been killing me. Who is he?" I asked trying to seem more normal and less urgent and scared.

"I don't really remember him but I remember what Jensen said." He said leaning against the wall again.

"What did he say?" I asked.

"You had gotten black out wasted and you were falling all over the place. This kid tried to help you up, and you thought he was making a move. You yelled at him and he tried to help you again. You smacked him and Jensen was drunk too and he got involved. He shoved the dude and told me to get you out of there. So I did. The next morning Jensen said he beat the kid so bad, he'll be lucky to even see for the next few weeks."

Brandon explained.

I don't even remember that.

"No one helped the kid?" I asked.

"Not that I heard. I had left with you so I didn't see that part but Jensen talked about it all the next day." Brandon explained.

That's what I did.

That's what Jensen did.

"I have to go." I blurted and took off looking for Rowan.

"Wait! Mads! Are you going home?" Brandon called out.

I didn't answer.

I spotted Elisia and made my way to her.

"Anything?" I asked breathlessly needing to see this kids face.

She saw how panicked I was and stopping looking at the phone.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"I remember what I did." I admitted.

"You said it was something Jensen did?" Elisia asked.

I nodded.

"It was, but I could have stopped it. It was my fault." I said firmly.

"What happened?" Elisia asked.

"I was drunk. Drunk and stupid. I was falling and he tried to help me. I smacked him and Jensen beat him up. Badly." I summarized.

Elisia looked at me with sad eyes.

"I remember Jensen. If he was drunk and fighting, you couldn't have stopped him. Trust me Maddie, you couldn't have stopped him." She tried to assure me.

I shook my head.

"I could have never smacked him in the first place. I made Jensen fight him. I started it." I relied.

She shook her head.

"Maddie, you were drunk." She mumbled.

"Find him. Hurry. We don't have much time left."

🐵👨🏻

There's seven minutes left.

No one has seen anything.

I found Hailey outside and I was standing with her.

"Are you okay? Is Nikki okay?" I asked.

She looked at me and shook her head.

"She's so sad. Sean is breaking her heart. I'm breaking her heart." She said sadly.

"What are you going to do?" I asked.

She shook her head.

"I can't take him. I want to be with him, but I could never do that to her." She sighed.