Chapter 4

I sit in the waiting room area outside the room Christina and her 'to be' parents are in. If she agrees to go with them that is.

It's too quiet and the silence is killing me.

"Well...(sigh) we don't know if we want 2 children Christina" I hear a muffled man's voice say from inside the room.

"Please... We're not kids anymore and we can look after ourselves and eachother." My sister pleads.

"Well... i'm not sure you see.. On your sisters record it says she's had a backgound of depression and we don't know if we could handle that kind of stress always having to be with her and see if she's alright. She might be better looked after here." I hear a woman say this time.

"She's getting better i swear... Please you won't regret it. She's not hard to look after and seems happy most of the time. She just... can't handle some situations at school and goes overboard. You can change that though... ... ... Wouldn't you want to be the couple that changes that?"

I hear nothing come from the room for a couple of seconds.

"You're sure?" The man asks.

"Positive" Christina says out of breath almost.

"Okay then." The woman says.

"Really? You won't regret this i promise you. Thankyou. Thankyou so much."

A feeling rushes through me. One i've never felt before. I feel great, happy even. Happier than ever before. 

All 3 of them walk out of the room and i stand from my chair. My sister has the cheesiest grin on her face and so do i. I run up to her and hug her tightly. I do the same to the couple and thank them. I've waited my whole life to be adopted and the day is finally here and i'm with Christina.

I drag my sister by the hand to the top of the staircase and then into my room. We start packing straight away as 'our' parents said they would take us as soon as possible. Finally something good is happening in my life and i feel like no one can stop me from being this happy.