1621-1630

Long Siye told Gu Xijiu about this matter. Since Gu Xijiu had already broken up with Di Fuyi, she did not expect him to help Long Siye.

Later, she realized that Long Siye was still a heaven's gift disciple. Di Fuyi, as The Lord, had always been a guardian to his disciples. Therefore, he had helped Long Siye on his own accord.

Regardless of what reason Di Fuyi had for helping the man, it was still very gratifying to be able to remove Long Fan, who was a tremendous hidden danger. Gu Xijiu was quite happy for Long Siye as it must be difficult to know that someone else is sharing yourbody.

In the past five months, she had seen Long Siye several times. They even drank together twice. At that time, Long Siye never pursued or courted her, but just stayed by her side. No one could persuade her on this matter; she could only rely on herself to slowly walk out from the pain.

Gu Xijiu was still very self-disciplined. Even though she was often sad, she did not want to cry in front of people. Whenever she felt very uncomfortable, she would find a quiet place to stay for one night, like a wounded little beast that just wanted to lick her wounds in peace. It made her a stronger person.

Gu Xijiu was not very good at holding her liquor. Even if she was here at Long Siye's place, she did not want to let herself get drunk and lose control.She placed her hand under the table and began to dissipate the wine out of her body. After an hour, she had calmed down a lot. She sat there and pondered for a long while.

Long Siye sat next to her and looked at her. Gu Xijiu had now buried her face deep in her arms; Long Siye could not see her face, but he could see her unspeakable loneliness. It was not a sight that he desired to witness.

"Xijiu, you can go inside to sleep. It is quite cold here." Long Siye went forward and wanted to carry her, but he was being obstructed by a wizardry barrier that she set around her. Obviously, she did not want anyone to go close to her at this moment. Hence, Long Siye sighed and dismissed the idea of carrying her into the room to rest.

Gu Xijiu had a dream. In the dream, she wandered around like a wandering soul. The sky was already dark. Every family ignited the candles and lights they possessed; they also played firecrackers to celebrate Chinese New Year. The young kids were chasing after each other on the street playing with the fireworks in their hand. There were also countless people gathered in front of the palace gate. Rong Jialuo was dressed in a costume and led all his officers to stand at the entrance of the city to greet the people on this festive day.

Countless fireworks rose into the air and exploded in the sky; they lighted up the night sky as well as the smiles on everyone's faces. Many families brought their children to gather here. Husbands took the wives' hands, while wives took the children's hand. The family members celebrated the festive season together, and the happiness was reflected on their faces. Gu Xijiu felt that she was floating in the crowd of people. No one could see her, but she could sense the joy of the people around her.

Once upon a time, she used to celebrate Chinese New Year's eve together with him. Her happiness seemed to be overflowing at that time. She only hoped that every year would be as happy as that day. However, she did not expect that her happiness was like a bubble and that it would be popped so fast.

Subconsciously she went to Celestial Master Zuo's house. The house of Celestial Master Zuo was somewhat deserted and had no festive atmosphere. Most of the maids were back home for the New Year, and only a few of them were on duty. They were familiar faces to Gu Xijiu.

They did not notice her even though she drifted away in front of them. From the conversation of these maids, she heard that Di Fuyi was at theTingtaoPavilion attending to guests.