ZERO: SEVEN

Forewarning, possible graphic material? Like TWO, SEVEN keeps things vague.
〰️➿〰️

〰️➿〰️
The Great Bridge - Finale
〰️➿〰️

"It's Kakashi's Jounin promotion. Considering how Kakashi and you have gotten to know each other, I hope you can get him a present as well!"

Huh. The day is almost here. A few days after his promotion, Kakashi leads his own squad. One of his members refuses to give him a gift until he lies under a boulder, dying.

It's the day to save the first Uchiha, one of many. I don't feel prepared but I doubt I ever will be.

"Ah," I grunt to basically continue the conversation with minimal effort. Rin, as chatty as she is, keeps speaking.

I'm lost in my thoughts, wondering if the present I get him should be a cryptic warning for the future. Even if Kakashi and Obito aren't so openly hostile to one another, their antagonistic relationship wasn't the reason Rin was captured.

The girl in question managed to drag me to a market section, where I soon find myself walking home with a rose quartz gem in hand. Something about protective qualities? I wasn't listening.

I quickly tuck the gem in my pocket as I cross into the Uchiha Compound. Nearing my home, I see Father has his belongings packed up and he wears his Jounin uniform.

"Leaving again?" I say.

He looks at me with a touch of detachment, nothing fatherly. Father pulls at his long sleeve and states, "The one who leaves is us."

I had formatted the question wrong in my head all due to him adding the subject last. So after rephrasing, my heart skips a beat.

"Where are we going? I have medical school, though. I'll get behind-"

"Unimportant," he says. "Do you remember your prediction last December?" I nod cautiously. "Somehow, your prediction was extremely accurate."

Father folds his arms over his chest, gaze frosty.

"Naturally, I've researched into your extracurricular life. It is impossible for you to have been betraying the Leaf. The only conclusion I can surmise is that you predicted this event entirely."

"Well..." Making a ninja suspicious is a death sentence. "It's not as if Earth is unpredictable. They're stubborn, traditional people."

Father grunts. "Impressive to have such an analytical mind at a young age. Do you mind if I put it to the test?"

"Huh?"

He closes his eyes, a bit smug. "I've confirmed the plan the Yellow Flash. The son of the White Fang will lead the party via his Jounin status. Because of his role, it would be for the best to have three ninja at his disposal. One of which being a medical ninja."

He's talking... like he's giving me a mission with Kakashi and Minato. It's a little unbelievable.

Is this some kind of trap? Or... no, Father wouldn't do anything that hasn't been done in the past.

But I suppose toddlers who know the future isn't something that can be recreated easily. He must be thinking outside the box.