ONE

〰️➿〰️
Genin Takenaka Uchiha: A Boy's Desperation
〰️➿〰️
What went so wrong? Let's see... Team 11 had been waiting for nearly an hour before that lady showed up-our new jounin-sensei if we all pass. I can't believe I didn't notice anything at all. Maybe Ken's nose could've alerted him to the danger. Maybe smelling is more than just scents and pheromones.

Regardless, genjutsu is cool.

On the paper my teacher gave me is a location. "The fountain closest to the market square in region five," it reads. Region five refers to the nearest training grounds. The area borders the edge of the village and, as a result, is very rundown compared to the more updated environment within. Everything is compact with a smaller population living here. Nobody wears any modern clothes (and I use that lightly because the US is leagues more modern), but sticks to kimono-hakama-karategi combos.

The market square is more of a loose circle around a marble fountain. People go about their day without giving me a second glance. I take a seat on the fountain's edge, three to four people away from another human being. Uro didn't reveal much, but, if she's anything like Kakashi, this trial should include teamwork.

As soon as I brush away red dirt staining the marble and sit, the person next to me looks over. Short auburn hair similar to a young Bieber, wide hazel eyes, and dark pink lips as if the person wears lipstick.

"You know of a person named Uro?" the person says, deep but not too much. Reminds me of an oboe or even a bassoon.

"Of course," I smile, ignoring a fleeting moment of anger. "Although, I'm not really sure what's happening here."

"Uro asked if I had a problem I need fixed, and that she'll send someone to help," continues the person, sitting a bit taller. Their outfit consists of nothing but a baggy tee shirt and pants. Vanilla ice cream cone colors compared to the dark hues of his undershirt, gloves, and forehead protector. "Guess you're the guy?"

"Guess I am. What's the problem?" I cross my legs as I wait.

"Uh..." Taking a deep breath, "There's this boy that's super important to me. He's on my team and everything! But... because of who I am... he's doesn't like boys, see..."

"If he doesn't like boys, you can't do much," I say, but I know Uro wouldn't give me a simple task. I can already sense complications.

"Yes, we can! We just have to show him guys are just as good as girls, too!" The crazy, androgynous boy grabs my jacket, pulls. "He just needs to see me as more than a friend."

"You don't actually think this'll work, do you?" I say, but this character seems to be in his own world.

"I just ain't tried harder enough, that's all!" The boy frowns up at me. "So? I'll pay you, if you're really can't believe me, but it'll be useless! He'll love me. I just know it."

I repress a sigh. "We can... give it a shot. Nice to meet you,...?"

"Hiyori!" He lets go, bouncing on the balls of his feet in glee. "Aw, I knew you'd see it eventually!"

"Hiyori? Like the weather?"

"Yeah? What about it? I like it."

"Nothing... nothing, it's fine. So... who's this boy you're trying to convert?"

"Eh?"