4. The leverage

My hair was dripping wet and I started shivering with cold due to the heavy air conditioner. Kai glanced at me before rolling his eyes in annoyance.

"Stop making that fucking noise." He snapped. "As if ruining my car with your wet hair wasn't enough."

I scoffed at his fucking audacity. "You are saying like that's my fault. Let me remind you it was you who dragged my ass-" He took out a pistol from his waistband, loaded it, and placed it between us.

"You were saying?" Cursing under my breath I looked out of the window. I glanced at his pistol between us and a smirk grew on my face. I had slipped out the key of the handcuffs from his coat when he was putting them on. Sneaking out the key from my bathrobe, I freed my hands.

"You know I can easily take this gun-" I grabbed his pistol and aimed at his head. "-and blow your head." His head snapped to me, his jaw clenching with infuriation.

"How the fuck did you-" I tossed the key in his lap and he closed his eyes for a brief second, muttering profanities. I smirked watching him twist with anger but my joy didn't last long as he smoothly snatched the gun from me and pinned me down on the leather seat. Damnit! How does he do that every time?! He was now above me, his nostrils flaring like a bull. "Don't fucking try my patience. I swear you wouldn't like to see my monstrous side."

"You mean your true face?" I gritted, struggling against his fatal hold. His jaw clenched with fury and his fingers dug into my wrist, painfully.

"Damn! It's only been five minutes and you two are already at it," Lorenzo smirked, looking back at us from the passenger seat.

"Shut the fuck up!" We both snapped at the same time and he zipped his mouth. Kai settled back in his seat after pocketing his pistol and I straightened up, cursing under my breath.

"Don't speak under your breath. I hate when people mumble." He spat with hatred.

"Are you always such an asshole?" I snapped.

"Are you always a stubborn bitch?"

"I intend to match people's attitude." I passed him a mocking smile.

"God, I should have let them tape your fucking mouth." He rolled his eyes, plugging in his airpods. Rubbing my arms to generate some heat, I stared out of the tinted window to figure out where we were going. Suddenly I felt something tossed over me. I looked to my right to realize Kai had taken off his coat.

"I don't want it." I scowled, pushing it away.

"I was never giving it to you." He spat, tossing it on the seat in front of us. "I turned on the heat that's why I took it off."

"You didn't have to turn on the heat just for me." His jaw clenched as he stared at me with annoyance.

"You just have to have the last word in any conversation don't you?"

"I don't wanna win any argument, rather I just wanna make you mad." I smiled.

"You don't need to worry about that because you already drive me mad." He smiled back but it seemed more like a sneer. I sneezed twice and Kai threw me a disgusting look. "Lorenzo get her something to wear. I don't want sick people around me."