3. Welcoming the enemy

My eyes skipped to my couch at the corner of my room, where Kai sat with his legs crossed over one another as if he was sitting on a throne. Three more armed men were in the room, each standing by the wall in a different corner. Fuck. He found me faster than I had expected. But at least he fell for the trap.

"Kai, are you sure you don't want this pizza? I swear it's-" My eyes snapped to the guy entering my bedroom with my cheese pizza folded like a sandwich in his hands. It was Lorenzo. I knew this bastard, too, from my research. He is just as brutal as Kai. A smirk grew on his lips as his eyes traveled down to my legs.

"Delicious." He completed his sentence. Pervert. I immediately grabbed the hidden knife from the wooden cupboard beside me.

"If you don't leave this minute, I'll call the police." I threatened, grabbing my phone from the dresser. Kai scoffed, and Lorenzo leaned on my bedroom door, savoring my cheese pizza.

"Don't hold yourself back, sweetheart. Call them. Let's see if they pick up." Frowning at Kai's words, I glanced at my phone screen only to see that it was hacked and the signals were out. Bloody motherfucker! Well, obviously, I wouldn't have called the police anyway because I wanted to be abducted by this control freak. It sounds absurd, but it is what it is.

"What the fuck do you want from me?" I questioned, tossing away the phone and pointing the knife at them.

"Calm your hot ass down, sweetheart. We came here in peace." Kai winked. "And by now, you should know nothing is impossible for me. Although I am impressed by how flawlessly you faked your identity all these years as a chef."

"But like everyone else, you made one mistake. You underestimated my power." I wished I could tell him how fucking wrong he was. Because he was right where we wanted him to be.

"Since when are you sitting there like a fucking creep?" I asked, hatred lacing my voice, and a cocky smile made its way onto his face. And this is when it hit me. Oh, God, no. I took off my dress right here before stepping into the jacuzzi. Screw me.

"Long enough to watch your little strip show you put up for me." He bit his bottom lip to stop the smirk forming on his stupid face. My face heated up, and I clenched my jaw, feeling raw, burning rage stir inside me.

"I'm going to fucking kill you!" I gritted, my grip on the knife intensifying.

"Hey, in my defense, I called you out, but you were too busy swaying your hips to Taylor Swift, and personally," He stood up from the couch. "I love a free stripping show." He smirked, stalking towards me. He stepped over something, and this was when I realized someone was lying on my bedroom floor. . . covered in blood. Bloody hell.

"Who is that?" I gulped.

"You probably know him. Carlos." Of course, I knew him. He was the person Greg fooled. "I gouged both of his eyes because he trusted the wrong people." He casually stated. Of course, he is a monster. Torturing someone is a norm for him.

"You don't need to worry about him because right now, you should only be worried about yourself." I could sense the underlying threat in his words.

"I'm not afraid of cowards that walk around with men to guard them." His eyes twitched with anger as he took a bold step to stare down at me with his lovely- I mean, normal-looking eyes.