[10] - chapter ten

"She doesn't leave the room, Sam

"She doesn't leave the room, Sam. I'm worried about her." Adrena stared at her wall, wishing death upon the men. She was perfectly okay. Nothing was wrong with her. They were worried for nothing.

Jon stood outside Adrena's door, his arms crossed over his chest and his eyes worriedly looking at Sam. Ever since he had told her about her father, she refused to leave her room or move. Sometimes he'd walk in and see her crying but it lasted for a second before she'd wipe them away and look at him. She always told them it was because she was in pain, but never specified which pain it was. Gilly had been bringing her food and letting her see Little Sam, hoping it would bring her some relief, but she refused to move from her bed. Jon was beginning to get concerned and none of their encouraging words were working.

"I'm going to talk to her again." He patted Sam on the shoulder before knocking on the wooden door. When he got no answer, he sighed and opened it. His eyes fell on the small girl curled up on the bed, a fur blanket spread across her body and her gaze resting on the wall. He let out another heavy sigh, moving forwards and shutting the door behind him.

"Leave or I'll kill you." Adrena snarled in his direction, her gaze still on the wall across from her. Every time he came to see her, she was cold and angry with him and he couldn't exactly blame her; he had ruined her perfect picture of the only person who had loved her.

"That would require you to actually move from that bed." He responded in a nonchalant tone, and Adrena lifted her eyes to look at him. Her eyes were blazing even more than they usually were. She thought hated when he would come in and be nice to her, but this she hated more. It made her so angry to the point where she wanted to strangle him.

"I'll kill you." Adrena spat and Jon chuckled, watching her with mocking eyes.

"Get up and do it then." He taunted and he saw her hand twitch with anger, and realized he was getting to her. He should've tried this approach two weeks ago. "The Adrena I knew wouldn't let a few wounds get her down. She wouldn't sit here feeling sorry for herself."

Adrena pushed herself up so fast that he swore she was going to fall. He watched nervously as she sat up in the bed, grimacing at the pain in her body. She stood from the bed slowly and threw herself at him, her eyes angry. He jumped at the sudden movement, throwing his hands out and grabbing her arms to stop them from moving. She pushed against him, hitting her fists against his chest in a weak way and he let her, hoping this would make her feel better. She grabbed at his biceps, her eyes looking at him with an emotion he hadn't seen since he told her about her father. He felt so bad for her, wishing he hadn't told her in the first place, but he knew she needed to know.

"You're strong, Addy. You just need to be reminded of that." He pushed a piece of hair out of her face and stepped away from her, waiting for her to compose herself. She looked at him uncertainly before standing up straight, a hand falling on her stomach with a pained grimace.

"I want to go outside." Her voice shook slightly and Jon smiled softly at her. He opened the door for her and watched nervously as she walked forward slowly. He stood close by incase she fell and he could help her. As they stepped outside, Gilly and Sam looked over at her with wide smiles. Adrena kept going until she was well outside.

"Careful... Be careful!" Gilly's voice pierced Adrena's ears and she laughed softly, shaking her head. She moved forward, spinning around in a circle with her arms out as far as she could reach them. It was the first time she had been able to move without being in complete, searing pain. It still hurt when she moved too quickly but it was pain she could deal with, and for once in the past two weeks, she felt happy. Her eyes fell on Jon, for once her smile was aimed at him and it felt weird to not want to kill him.

"How'd you get her to leave?" Sam asked in a low voice, still watching the girl who was now talking with Gilly and holding Little Sam.

"I used her pain and made her turn it into anger. Worked pretty well." He said proudly. Sam nodded in understanding, watching the two girls talk together. Jon patted him on the back before walking to the training area where Olly was. Adrena watched him go before saying a quick goodbye to Gilly and limping after him. He turned around, his eyes wide and pointed to where Sam and Gilly were.

"Go back." He demanded and Adrena laughed slightly, catching him off guard. His eyebrows were furrowed and his lips poured slightly, trying to seem intimidating but it didn't work. When she laughed, his face relaxed and he laughed too, realizing how silly it sounded to tell her to go back.

"Let's practice." Adrena said walking over to grab a sword and Jon followed like a lost puppy, shaking his head as he did so.

"No, you're not ready." The brunette spun around, a sword in her hand and surprised him. She smiled in a flirty way, grabbing his hand slightly. Jon was flustered at the sudden contact, his cheeks warming as she fluttered her eyelashes at him. As he was distracted, she grabbed his arm and twisted it behind his back, pushing him against the wall. She pushed her body against his, holding him there and pulling his arm tighter until his groaned in pain.

"What was that about me not being ready?" She whispered, her lips close to her ears and she laughed, falling back off her tiptoes and letting him go. Jon stretched his arm out, watching her in a new way. She was not the same as she was before he had told her about her father. "I'm still the best fighter here."

"Oh, really?" Jon grabbed a sword, tossing it into his hand and throwing his arm out, attempting to catch her off guard. Adrena was fast and she caught her sword with his, stepping backwards. Her wounds still hurt and she tried not to let it affect the way she fought. Their swords clashed together as they moved backwards. Adrena spun around, catching his sword again before he could get her. She laughed, feeling light and happier than she had felt in a while. It felt nice to have fun for once. For the first time in years, she was practicing fighting for no other reason except to have fun.

Jon ducked her next hit, hitting his sword lightly against her stomach and she frowned realizing he won. Olly was watching them with a childish smile, taking note of their fighting.

"Don't let your guard down, Vlakov." He taunted and she held her sword up to his chin, using the point to lift his head.

"Watch it, Snow. I could still kill you." She dropped her sword and smiled at him. It was the first time the two had equally gotten along since they met. She was afraid that this good feeling would go away and be taken from her so she tried to embrace it as much as possible. All good things don't last.

___

author's note:
i love them so much, fuck adrena's dad he ain't shit btw