[14] - chapter fourteen

Within the next few days, a lot had happened

Within the next few days, a lot had happened. Jon had announced that he was going to speak with the wildlings about joining forces and creating peace which many didn't agree with. Stannis and his arm had left to go fight for Winterfell. There was a lot going on lately and she was feeling restless from sitting around, letting herself heal.

There was a knock on her door that startled her, and she cleared her throat, telling them to enter. Jon's face appeared behind the door as he fully let himself enter. She looked at him curiously, not sure why he had come to see her considering lately the two of them didn't talk. The last few days had been spent with Gilly and Shireen, Stannis's daughter. The little girl was intelligent and loved to read so she would talk about the books Adrena's was currently reading with her.

"How are you feeling?" His voice was soft and he leaned against the wall, his arms crossed over his chest. She watched him closely, still not sure why he was here but nonetheless held a thumb up. She pulled her shirt up, showing him the mostly closed wound on her stomach. His face grew red and he cleared his throat, looking away.

"Maester Aemon cleared me to start training and fighting again. I was getting restless." Adrena joked, smiling over at him but he didn't smile back. He took up straight, dropping his arms to his side.

"I'm leaving to talk to the wildlings soon." She nodded, having heard about that. She figured she would just stay here with Sam and Gilly. Jon walked towards her, his black coat moving slightly as he did. Adrena stood from the bed, meeting him in the middle.

"I want you to join us on our mission." He stated and her eyes widened with surprised. "You're one of our best fighters and I could use your company during the journey."

He cracked a smile, his cheeks a little red. She felt grateful and happy, nodding excitedly in his direction.

"It's an honor to ride with the Lord Commander." Jon smiled at her, watching her silently as she hurriedly grabbed her big jacket and threw it on. She laughed to herself before bouncing past him and out the door. She was excited to finally have something to do and go back to how she was before. She didn't want to sit around and do nothing anymore; Jon had given her a gift in her opinion.

Jon went to speak with Alliser while Adrena went to see Sam and Gilly. The couple smiled at her when she came up, happy to see her finally doing something other than reading. Sam loved that she read but it just wasn't her. When he looked at the girl, he couldn't see her cleaning laundry or reading books; he saw her fighting in battles and cleaning her sword. It's just who she was made to be.

"Promise you'll stay safe?" Sam asked and she nodded with a smile. The man placed a hand on her shoulder, rubbing it in a friendly, comforting way before it dropped back down to his side. Gilly walked forward and embraced Adrena causing the girl to freeze at the contact. She tried to play it off and send her a smile but it turned out more like a grimace, and Gilly noticed.