Controlled

Elaine's POV

   I put the groceries on the table, taking my backpack off and putting it on the ground.
   It's fine. It's fine. I didn't do anything. I also didn't look anyone in the eye, so that's probably why nothing happened.
   Gosh. How did I go from a girl whose biggest fear was her crush not liking her back to a girl that doesn't look people in the eye because she is afraid that she will kill them?
   "Stop it" I say out loud, wanting my thoughts to stop.
   I decide to make a sandwich and to read a book . It will take my mind off everything.
I take two slices of brad, some cheese, some meat and a bit of salad and I assamble the sandwich.
   As I walk out of the kitchen, my eyes drift to the calendar. The 2nd of March. I almost drop my plate. It's today!
   I rush out of the apartement to the mail box outside. I open it carefully and see a blue envelope on top. I take it, slightly trembeling and I read the front.
                ACS acting programme
   I try my best to contain my excitement and fear and open the envelope.
   Elaine,
We are pleased to inform you that we were able to give you a spot in the intensive acting programme starting ..
   "I got in!" I shriek, not caring that I'm outside and everyone can hear me.
   "Where did you get in dearie?" says a voice and I recognise Mrs Ann, the old lady living across from me in the building.
   "In the acting programme!"I say, grinning, still looking at the letter in awe.
   "That's great, congratulations! "   
   "Thank yo-"I say as I look up to her.
   No. No, no, no, no.
   I feel it again. I can't break the eye contact as I feel the letter slipping out of my hands.
   No. Not again. Break free. Control yourself! I scream inside my head.
   But I can't. I feel myself slowly loosing consciousness, the world dissapearing around me.
   I hear a scream as I black out.

****
   I open my eyes to find myself on the ground.
   I sit up and rub my head, groaning, closing my eyes briefly again. My head hurts so bad. I look up slowly and stiffle a scream. Mrs Anne is on the ground, limp. 
   I can't move. I just sit there, frozen,unable to take my eyes from to body. It's the same everytime. A look. A scream. Nothing. And then I wake up finding the person dead.
    My muscles protest as I stand up and go beside her. Her eyes are staring at the sky, unfocused on anything. I jerk back.
    I did it again. I killed  someone.
    I stand up  and run inside, my feet shaking as I run up the stairs. The moment I reach my apartment I lock the door behind me I collapse to the floor, shivering.
   She's dead. She's dead.
   What is happening to me?

____________
Sorry for the short chapter, I really didn't know what else to add to it. The next one will be longer, I promise!
What do you think of Elaine?

Please vote, comment and share.

Thanks for reading!