Chapter 18: I love you more

The next day, as advised, Celine gave Morgan some time to think and cool off and give her the chance to come and talk to her in her own terms. So, she's currently in her office doing some paperwork as usual when she heard a knock.

Her heart pounded twice as fast as the door slowly opened and revealed a woman in a black suit "Good Morning, Miss Michaelson" the girl greeted her.

"Who are you?" Celine asked to her disappointment it wasnt who she was expecting.

The woman composed herself "My name is Jasmine, I will be substituting Miss Morgan while she's on leave"

"Oh, ok" Celine replied

"Uhm... sorry Ma'am but, should I stand outside or something. What would you prefer?" Jasmine asked. And just as she said that an image of Morgan flashed before Celine remembering their first meeting.

"It's fine, you can stay here" Celine answered

During the day, Celine kept glancing at the woman in the sofa thinking it was that certain someone. She kept imagining that it was Morgan who would smile at her when she catches Celine staring, but it wasn't so she'd just look back down.

"Is everything ok, Miss Michaelson?" the woman asked and for some weird reason, Celine thought it was Morgan because they have the same pitch.

Caught off guard Celine replied "U-uhm... yeah. I'm fine" she stammered.

"I heard Miss Morgan's grandfather died, that's why she took a leave" said Jasmine

"Sorry, what?" Celine asked

"I heard from your dad that Miss Morgan's grandfather died because of a heart attack, that's why she took a break" Jasmine repeated. Celine got out of her seat "Miss Michaelson, where are you going?" Jasmine asked running after her boss.

"Go get the car, now!" she ordered

Celine walked in the villa and saw people in white seating and a casket up front. She saw Aimee standing beside her husband. Celine walked up to her and placed a hand on the older woman's shoulder.

Aimee turned to face the stranger and saw Celine who she quickly hugged "I offer my condolences" said Celine

"Thank you" the older woman replied

"Grams" said a familiar voice just behind making them turn. Morgan surprised to see the other girl "Celine?"

The shorter girl gave her a comforting hug "I am so sorry" said Celine "If I only knew, I could've been here sooner" Morgan didn't reply probably because she's still surprised to see her there. Celine broke off the embrace "Uhm... I brought flowers"

Morgan turned to the girl in a suit "Thank you"

So, they are at the back by the oak tree with no one saying a word, though the air was tense. Both of them wanting to say something but words are not coming out. "I'm just finishing the terms in the contract, then uhm... I'll quit" said Morgan finally.

Celine turned to the girl "Morgan" she replied holding unto Morgan's hands "I-I made a really big mista—"

"No, Cel" Morgan stopped her "You were right. Our relationship wasn't working out no more and... I guess this is really not the right time for us" she paused and looked at the other girl "You have your company to take care of and your modelling career with it"

"What do you want me to do?" Celine is sobbing now "What do you want me to do to make you stay? Do you want me to quit? Because I can do that for you"

Morgan got up form her seat and knelt in front of the other girl "Shh" she wiped Celine's cheeks "No, no. I don't want you to do that. That's your dream remember?"

"But I want you" Celine cried

"Cel" said Morgan trying to soothe the other girl "Like you said, we've only known each other for just over a year and being a model, you've dreamed about that since you were what five? Cel listen to me ok"

"No!" Celine retorted

"You'll do great, ok? Us? Maybe our timing was wrong. We don't know, maybe in the future we'll meet each other again. Or better yet, you'll find someone who'll love you as much as much as I did, or more"

"But I want you"

"Cel, don't worry about me, ok? Grams needs me more now and if we ever get back together now, I think it'll end even worse. So, listen to me ok? I need you to go back and continue doing your best like you always do. I will come back in a couple of days ones this is over. I will train your new bodyguard until I know I can leave you in safe hands"

"What happens after the contract ends?"

Morgan paused for a moment and looked into the girls' eyes "I want you to move on"

"I can never do that. I don't think I can ever do that"

"Cel, I need you to be strong. This is for our own good. I know in the future you'll be this great business CEO who's also walking down Paris fashion week, rocking what ever you're wearing. And I... Always remember that I will be supporting you every step of the way"

Celine pulled Morgan into a tight hug

"This is not a goodbye" said Morgan pulling off then wiping Celine's eyes again "Celine Michaelson, you are one of the best people that came into my life" she said taking the girls' hands ones more "You taught me to take risks. So now, I'm taking one. I'm setting you free"

She stood up and helped Celine to get up

Still holding unto each other's hands, Morgan rested her forehead on the other girls' "I love you"

"I love you too" Celine sobbed quietly

Morgan kissed her on the forehead. Celine wrapped her arms around the taller girls' waist "I love you more"