Part I

Sameera sat on the mandap near her groom

Sameera sat on the mandap near her groom. It's her wedding today. The big day for every girl. A dream of many years. Yes, she too dreamt about this day when she is going to be someone else's wife. But this is not what she wanted. This is not the person whom with she wanted to share her life.

Fate brought the worst to her life in the name of Sacrifice. She hates that word now. It's either love or sacrifice. Both cannot be connected together. Infact no one have the right to play with her life whether it's in the name of sacrifice or in the name of love.

She didnt raise her head to look at anyone. She dont want to see any face. Even the man sitting next to her who is going to be her husband within a few moments.

"Beti, smile dear. Your life is going to change hereafter. Believe us."her mother spoke.

She didnt react. Because nothing can now break her down. She already went through a lot within these days. Above all she have pledged to not look into her parents' face once again. She dont have anything now remaining with the people who sold her for money. They forgot her life when people were ready to clear all their liabilities. Anyone will be happy so did her parents too. But when they asked their daughter's life in return, they didn't protest. Infact agreed happily to let her live a miserable life with an unknown man that too for a non- guaranteed period.

Someone has announced to tie the knot since it's muhurth. She tried a lot to control her tears. But even her own eyes are betraying her now just like the whole world did to her. And that moment she wanted to see that face once again. The face which she loved the most in her life. Now the one she hates the most. The one she never wants to see again. She raised her head to meet his eyes.

 She raised her head to meet his eyes