Part III

2 Years Later
Yamini coughed again. Wiped her face with her saree pallu.

"Maa..have this medicine"Sameera handed over tablets and a glass of water. Yamini took the glass and drunk the water. Didn't touch the tablets.

"Maa, why are you doing this to yourself? You are not well. Still stubborn to not take any medicine. What are you getting from doing all this?" Sameera wiped her own tears. She is extremely sad to see Yamini not well.

"I lost my elder son. He was my life. Couldn't see him living happily with you for a single day eventhough it was my biggest wish. Without saying a word Amar too left. May be because he didn't want to live in the house where his brother is no more present. But still...How could he do that? Didn't even come back for once. Dont he want me? Let him stay at Delhi with his highly reputed job. I don't care. Let me see whether he comes atleast hearing the news about my death."Yamini wailed.

"Dont talk like this Maa. If anything happens to you, tell me what should I do then? There is nothing remaining for me in this world except a mother's love for which only I am living now. And what should I do if you too want to leave me like everyone did?" Sameera was helpless thinking about the loneliness waiting for her. She is already fed up with her life. Still not giving up only for Yamini.

Yamini couldn't handle Sameera's tears. She hugged Sameera to her chest. Like a mother hugging her little kid. Past 2 years was a test for both of them. But they survived. With the support of each other. Trying to connect two ends of life. Became each other's only hope. Built the level of trust that no one can destroy. Smiled for each other. Cried hiding from the other. Showed themselves that they are ok.

"I know Sameera. I have only you now. But the mother in me still expecting Amar to come back. Not for me, atleast he should be here for you if anything happens to me. That only I can hope now."Yamini kissed her forehead.

Sameera felt burning like caught within fire.

"You sacrificed everything for my son. All your happiness. And I have nothing to give you back. If you weren't here after my two sons left me, I wouldn't have survived. You gave me more love than what Anand and Amar have given me till now. I don't know how to thank you."Yamini caressed her head.

"There is no need to thank your daughter. Only if you feels so"Sameera smiled.

She dont want anything that she dont deserves. But she wanted Amar to come back atleast for this loving mother. Except from some weekly calls, he didn't try to contact anyone in his house. Living in Delhi doing a job in his friend's company.

"Sameera, will you agree if I ask you something?"Yamini asked hopefully.
"No Maa. Already I told you many times. I can't do that."Sameera stood up and left the room.

Yamini was immersed in her thoughts when the calling bell rang. She got up from bed and went to the hall. She opened the door revealing the least expecting yet most awaited face.

"Amar.....son...."Yamini couldn't believe her eyes.
"Mom....."he lost control over his tears.

They hugged each other.
"Mom are you ok now? Why didn't you take care of your health? Why are you making everyone tense?"he asked.

"Seeing your face I am perfectly ok now. Atleast you came now. That's enough for me."she kissed her son.
Amar could smile after 2 whole years. He was missing his mom like hell. Now he can see the relief in his mom's face.

"Come inside. I won't let you go away from me anymore."she took control of her son completely and dragged him inside.
"But mom I can't extend my leave for a long period."he tried to say.
"Shut. I don't want to hear anything now. Obey what I say." Yamini was stubborn.