Part IV

Next Morning
Sameera opened her eyes with great difficulty. She tried to remember when did she fall asleep last night. Because she was not at all in a good mind after Amar leaves the room. She slowly moved her legs and she felt so relaxed. Because the pain has reduced. She got up from bed and walked towards the washroom.

She came back after having a cold shower that could calm down her heart. She went towards Yamini's room to check whether she is awaken. She entered into the room and found it empty. Then turned towards the washroom hearing noise from there. She understood that Yamini is bathing.

She turned to leave. That's when her eyes fell on the bangle stand placed on the dressing table. She moved towards the table while fixing the eyes on different colored bangles. Bangles were always her life. It was her habit to wear different colored bangles on each day. She tried to remember the last time she wore bangles. It was her wedding day and after that she lost everything. She observed herself on the mirror. Her white saree is not only showing her blank mind but also her life with no dreams. She shifted her gaze back to the bangle stand. She slowly started caressing the bangles with her hand.

Yamini is also a widow. But her mother in law is not like her. She wore beautiful sarees with matching ornaments. Even at this age she is so beautiful and no one can take eyes off from her. But look at herself. She had changed a lot. She remembered how her life was before this marriage. Her life was filled with colors and now it's all blank just like her heart.

While moving her hands through the bangles, she noticed a pair of legs near the door. She immediately pulled back her hands realizing that Amar was staring at her all this time. She couldn't meet his eyes thus lowered her head.

Amar felt something stucked on his throat. He wanted to speak but nothing came out. He moved a little towards Sameera. But then the door of the washroom opened to reveal Yamini drying her hairs. Sameera and Amar looked at each other before shifting their look to Yamini.

"You both woke up? Sameera, how is your leg?"Yamini asked.

"Fine. Pain has gone."Sameera said.

"But you should take rest dear. I can do the works in kitchen."Yamini said lovingly.
Sameera just smiled.

"Amar please wait for 5 minutes. I will bring your coffee"Yamini smiled at her son.

"It's ok mom. Actually I am here to inform you regarding an important matter."He spoke.

"Tell me son"

Amar looked at Sameera one last time before turning back to his mom.

"There are some urgent jobs pending at Delhi which I cant say excuses. I am going back mom. Day after tomorrow. I booked the tickets."

The towel fell down from Yamini's hands. Sameera looked at him with disbelief. Her saree head is clenched within her fist.
.
.
.
Amar was packing his bag. Yamini sitting lifeless beside him. She lost all abilities to protest finally decided to let him go. The house once again became a death house. Every happiness that was prevailing there vanished within some minutes.

"Mom why are you so stubborn? I don't think there is any need of celebrating Holi tomorrow. We haven't done it before. What's special now?"Amar asked confusingly after hearing his mom's last wish before he goes.

"It's needed Amar. You won't understand. Because day after tomorrow my son is leaving. I don't know when we can celebrate another festival together. May be I can't once again. I need to cherish each and every moment tomorrow."she sobbed.

He took her hand in his and kissed his mom.
"Mom I am sorry. I cant live here like this. I need to go." he said in a sad tone.

"If it will help you to escape from all sorrows, then go. Dont care about me. Because there was no one to help me recover the sorrow of losing my son except that poor girl who dont know to cry for whom first. For her mother in law or her one day old husband."she said emotionless.