Lips

Sometimes, when Henry's talking, Charlotte nods and acts as if she's listening...while she's really not.

It's not because she's not interested in what he's saying, because that's definitely not it. Henry's really smart (even though he himself doesn't seem to think so) and it shows in their conversations.

When they're talking, he always has something insightful to say. Or he asks really good questions and gives awesome comments, even if she's geeking out about something that he has no knowledge of or (she thinks) doesn't really care about. When he's the one who's telling her something, she mostly hangs on every word he says.

So no, it's not disinterest.

It's because of absolute interest...for his lips.

Lately, Henry has gotten into the habit of standing (or sitting) really close to her when he's talking, his shoulders brushing hers and his eyes intently focused on her.

And his lips are like, right there.

His lips which move and form words in such a beautiful way.

Can you have a thing for someone's lips?

Because she certainly has a thing for his.

There are times that she kind of just sits there, wondering whether they're as soft as they seem.

Henry had once been called 'kissable' by a girl in one of her classes. A lot of people had agreed (she sometimes wonders whether people at school even care that others can hear them). She had tried to not think about it, all in vain.

Because right now, she's definitely thinking about it.

They're on the couch in his room. He's sitting pretty close to her, his arm resting behind her head.

He's telling her about their last mission, when he and Ray had stopped Jeff from stealing a huge squid from Sushi Dushi (What's with that guy and stealing raw fish?).

She had tried to pay attention. But she ends up staring at his lips, focusing on their shape and the way they move, thinking things that she probably shouldn't be thinking while he's right in front of her.

But they look sooo kissable.

They probably are.

How would they feel against-

His tongue shoots out to licks his lips.

Her heart stops.

It just stops.

And then restarts with a resounding thump. Her mind, which had gone momentarily blank, is now in reverie.

How soft are they?

How good would his lips, his teeth and his tongue feel against-

"Char?"

Her eyes immediately snap away from his lips to meet his eyes.

He's giving her an amused look, something that she's becoming quite accustomed to. And she's sure that he knows what she's been thinking about. Because why else would his eyes be twinkling and why would he be smirking like he knows something?

Her heart hammers against her chest and she tries to save face.

"Yeah, Jeff, squid, Sushi Dushi," she lets out an uncomfortable chuckle, looking anywhere but at him, "Hey, can I have some water?"

He looks at her for a moment before nodding slowly, "Yeah, no problem," He stands up, jumps down and looks back at her, "Be right back."

She nods and watches him walk out the door.

When she hears his footsteps recede down the hall, she lets out a long sigh.

That boy is really distracting.

-------------------

Tbc.