Eyes

His eyes glimmer.

They have some light in them that's unexplainable.

If she's not looking at his stupid (kissable) lips, she's drowning in his eyes.

What a cliche.

She loves how his eyes can tell her how he's feeling. She loves how they light up when he sees her (Or maybe she's just imagining things).

Sometimes, when she's talking to him, his eyes soften and she can see something akin to fondness in his eyes. It makes her breath hitch, her pulse quicken, her face flush and her heart flutter. She feels butterflies in her stomach and some kind of euphoric feeling deep inside of her. It makes her trail off and shyly look down, before looking up again, only to find him smiling at her, eyes still unbearably soft.

She usually forgets what she's been talking about when that happens.

But she doesn't mind.

Not when he keeps looking at her like that, shuffles a bit closer and suddenly starts playing with a tendril of her hair.

It's the one time that distraction is welcome.

During these moments, she can only think about what a magnificently sweet guy her best friend his. How lucky the girl he ends up with will be (no, it's not jealousy she feels at that thought!).

But at times, his eyes get this really dark and -dare she say- lustful look in them. And that distraction is -in Piper's words- not okay!

Today is one of those days when that look makes an appearance.

It's a Saturday and unbearably hot. So she chooses to wear her shorts and that beautiful blue crop top that one of her aunts had given her for her birthday.

She walks to Junk and Stuff and when she gets there, takes the elevator down.

When she steps out, she finds Henry and Jasper already there, sitting on the couch with sodas and a bowl of popcorn. Henry is throwing some popcorn at Jasper, who's trying to catch them with his mouth. The fact that there's a lot of them scattered on the floor, tells her that he's failing miserably. He seems to be enjoying it though.

She greets them, getting a hurried 'hi!' from Jasper in return, who's too focused on catching the popcorn to even look at her.

And Henry

Henry looks stunned for a moment, staring at her, mouth agape. She sees him swallow. Then his eyes darken, and keep getting darker and darker as his eyes sweep over her, lingering on the sliver of skin that her shirt exposes.

When his eyes finally meet hers, she swallows.

If it had been hot before, it's feels like an inferno now.

They stare at each other for...she really doesn't know how long. His eyes are still dark, her heart feels like it wants to burst out, and she thinks that she's going to spontaneously combust. She can barely breathe.

"Uh Henry, the popcorn." Jasper says, making them finally break out of the standstill.

Henry looks away first. She sees him blink a few times, before he resumes to throw the popcorn at Jasper. His eyes dart towards her in between throws, then dance away immediately after, his face turning redder each time.

She tries to shake of the effects of his intense and disorienting gaze.

It takes her a moment.

When she's finally sure that she would be able to think clearly, she walks towards her usual place.

She's pretty sure that she hears Jasper snicker and Henry shush him when she walks by.

-------------------

Tbc.