ONE

Willow wasn't one for complaining. She usually showed it by being rebellious. For example breaking a vase from the 1700s. Her father was furious but she didn't regret it. Aro soon caught on that she was still part human and needed to be stimulated. A tutor was hired and that's how Willow spent her days, that and learning the vampire history, and how to become stronger with her gifts.

The blonde girl was wild and had a lot of energy so she was glad to learn. A lot of time had past, seventeen years since her birth to be exact.

Now technically seventeen years old in her human years and just about officially done aging, Willow found herself in the throne room reading a French book from Marcus's personal library, he let her find a book ever so often. He wouldn't admit it but he had a soft spot for the princess. All of the kings did. Even Caius who told her he hated her more times than she ever could blink in a minute.

As she read the book, the door suddenly busted open and a distraught vampire walked in with Felix and Demtri. Snapping her green eyes up Willow watched the strange vampire with curiosity. Reading his mind she saw that he wanted to die, he had nothing else to live for. Placing the old book gently down next to her Willow swiftly got up but not daring to go near the man.

"Ah Edward Cullen! What a surprise I must say!" Aro smirks as he speeds over to the vampire.
Watching intently Willow just keeps reading Edward's mind only to be filled with sad thoughts.

As Aro took the vampires hand he immediately stopped it almost furious.
"We will not kill you." Aro spoke venomously. "Your gift... it would be such a waste."

"You already have someone who can read minds." Edward spoke as he snapped his head towards Willow who just stood like a deer in head lights.

"Don't talk to her!" Caius sneered.
"Ignore him, that's what I usually do." Willow thought and Edward listened.
"Please convince them.. I want to die.. I need this.."
"I'm sorry Mr. Cullen but I have no say."

Willow somberly looked at the depressed vampire.

"Leave now." Aro spoke roughly. Felix and Demtri grabbed Edward and dragged him out of the throne room. It was silent, too silent and Willow hated it. She had grown to resent the quiet which was why she always had a music player with her but it just wasn't allowed in the throne room. That was Aro's only rule about the music.

Picking up her book Willow continued to read knowing Edward's intentions and soon he would in fact be killed. Now she just had to wait.