2. scrabble

Brynn P.O.V

The movie was coming to an end and I let out a little yawn.
"Someone's tired" Demi giggles. I give her a little smile.
"I'm going to get ready for bed but I will come back downstairs after. I don't really feel like sleeping yet" I say while standing up. Demi checks the time on her phone. 11:30 pm.
"Okay. But only because it's a friday. It's already way past your bedtime" she says with a little smile. I nod.
"When is dad going to be home?"
"Probably around 1" I give her a nod and walk upstairs. I grab my pyjama shorts from my bed and search for a shirt to sleep in. I then walk to my bathroom and lock the door. I drop my clothes on the floor and grab my toothbrush. I start brushing my teeth while humming a little. Don't get me wrong I'm a terrible singer. Didn't got blessed with the musical talent. When I'm done I put everything back and turn on the shower. I start undressing and look in the mirror. I'm a teenage girl. Of course I'm insecure. There are things I don't like about myself. A lot of things actually.... I shake my head to get rid of my thoughts and step into the shower.

After a long and nice shower I put on my pyjamas. I do my skincare and then walk back downstairs. When I get downstairs I look around for Demi but she's nowhere to be found. I forwn a little.
"Demi?" I say while searching around. Suddenly I hear a voice next to me.
"I'm here!"
I jump up and turn arounf seeing Demi standing there with a big smile.
"Jeez Demi you scared me!" I say putting a hand on my chest trying to calm down.
"Oops! Sorry! I was making myself a smoothie" she says and raises her glass. "You want one?" I shake my head. "No thanks. Just brushed my teeth"

"Lovato doesn't count as a word during scrabble!" I say laughing while looking at Demi. We decided to play a game and I was winning. "Yes it does! I'm even in the dictionary!" She argues. I give her a weird look. "Demi I don't know what kind of dictionary you own but mine definitely doesn't has Lovato in it" she sighs and takes back her letters. "Okay fine" Then I hear the sound of our door opening. Dad walks in and smiles as he sees us. "Hello ladies! Playing scrabble?" He says while walking to us. He gives Demi a kiss. "Your daughter is saying Lovato isn't a real word" Demi answers. Dad looks at her weirdly. "Babe. Lovato isn't a word. It's not in the dictionary" he says making me smile. "See! I told you! I win!" I say and put everything back in the box. Demi laughs and helps me.
"You girls enjoyed having some quality time?" Dad asks looking at us both. Demi looks at me with a soft smile. "We did. Well I did at least" she says making me smile. I nod. "Yeah it was pretty fun" I whisper. Dad gives Demi a little wink. "I'm going to bed" I say and walk upstairs. "Goodnight!" Dad and Demi both say. "Goodnight" I answer before making my way up to my room. I quickly get into the covers and look at my ceiling letting out a little sigh. Tonight wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Why did mom leave? Did I do something wrong? My thoughts soon get replaced by some much needed sleep.