18. Pictures

Brynn P.O.V

After the incident with the butter we continued our cooking. Demi decided that I was gonna focus on the vegetables and trust Demi on the meat. I didn't agree at first but she didn't let me have a choice. "Can you set the table sweat heart?"Demi asks. I nod and walk out the kitchen. I put the plates and the cutlery on the table. "What do you want to drink?" I shout from the dining room. "Water!" She shouts back. I grab two cups and fill them with water in the kitchen before placing them on the table. Demi walks out with the wraps and puts them on the table too. I take a seat and smile softly at Demi who takes a seat in front of me. She grabs my hand. "You can do it Brynn. You deserve the food." She whispers. I nod and take a deep breath before grabbing a wrap. "What you wanna do tomorrow?" She asks. I take a bite of my wrap. Not gonna lie... it tastes good. I look at her weirdly. "Demi... I have school tomorrow ?" She chokes on her water hearing my answer making me laugh. "You what?" She says while coughing. "School. Some people actually go to school instead of home schooling you know" I say laughing. I remember Demi telling me she was home schooled when she tried to help me with my homework. "Okay sassy girl. What you wanna do after school then?" Demi asks then. I shrug. I really don't care. "We could just stay home? I have to finish some homework first anyways" she nods. "Sure thing". The rest of dinner went surprisingly smooth. Demi really helped me out.

I'm in my bedroom getting ready for bed when suddenly my phone rings. I pick it up and see it's Lauren. 'That's strange' I think to myself. She never calls this late. I pick up. "Hey Lauren. What's up?" I hear some shuffling from the other end. "Uhm.. Brynn. Have you seen Twitter yet?" She asks carefully. I can hear by her voice something is wrong. "No? Why?" I ask worried. I immediately open my Twitter. It doesn't take long to figure out what she was talking about. This anonymous twitter account has posted some 'risky' photos saying it was me. There's no face on the picture but for some reason people believed it. "Oh my god! Lauren that's not me! I swear!" I say. Tears filling my eyes. "I know it's not you! You have to tell your dad" I shake my head. "I can't. He's on a business trip right now. I can't tell Demi. She might think this really is me and god knows what she will think of me then. Oh my god Lauren this is really bad" I say full on crying now. "I have to go" I quickly say before hanging up. I put my hand on my mouth to muffle my cries. This can't be happening. Why would someone do that to me?! I sit down against the tub and just let my tears flow. Everyone will think I'm a slut. Should I tell Demi? She will understand, right? Or maybe not. Maybe she will leave dad because she thinks it's me. I feel myself panicking. I'm close to a full blown panic attack I can feel it. The only one who can get me out of it is Demi. Fuck it. I grab my phone again and call Demi. My vision too blurry by my tears to be able to type a message. "Brynn? You could've just come to me. We're in the same house ?" I just cry. I try to talk but I physically can't. "Brynn? Baby? What's wrong? I'm coming" and with that she hangs up. I let my phone fall out of my hands and immediately hear someone running up the stairs. She burst open my bathroom door and runs to me. "Brynn. Oh baby. Shhhh. It's okay" she whispers as she pulls me on her lap. "No! It's not! It's not okay" I cry. She puts my head against her chest so I can hear her heartbeat. "Calm down first babe. I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere" she whispers. After some more comforting words I finally calm down enough to talk normally. "Tell me what's wrong babygirl" she says softly. I give her my phone. "It's not me! I swear it's not me!" I cry. Demi looks shocked. "Demi please! It's not me!" Denk quickly looks at me again. She wraps her arms around me and strokes my hair. "Shhh. I believe you Brynn. Don't worry. I believe you"