thirty nine - fine

Ethan

"Are you sure you checked the car all over, before you came here to pick us up?" I ask Jason for what seems like the trillionth time, but I cannot be too careful.

"Ethan, yes I double checked the car fifty times like you told me to. Very thoroughly; exactly the way you requested. The inside; in every hidden spot a bomb or camera can be hidden. The outside in the gas tank, hiding in the license plate, and underneath the car. I did all of this fifty times– like you said– before I got here. That alone took an hour and forty minutes, so yes we are good." Jason groans a little.

"Alright then, because her safety is number one right now." I point behind me, in the direction where Jasmine is sitting silently as she looks down into her lap.

"I got you, man." Jason looks at me, before turning his attention back onto the road. 

I turn around in my seat to face Jasmine, still sadly looking down into her lap. I know earlier had shaken her up a lot.

"You hanging in there, Jazzy?" I reach back and run my hand over her kneecap.

She slowly sits her head up, revealing her puffy reddened eyes, and her tear stained cheeks. "No. I-I thought they were going to kill you. T-They had a red dot on your h-head and everything. I. just— I'm trying to be tough here but... I-I don't know. I'm just afraid, Ethan." She croaks out, dropping her head down once again. 

"A few more minutes, and then we'll be home in no time, okay?" I continue to look at her sad presence, hoping to see those eyes I have fallen so very deeply in love with.

"Okay." She nods twice, before going back to being silent. 

I don't blame her for her silence; she did in fact tell me every single thing that went down earlier. From the creepy text messages, to this person even trying to call her. I'm not going to lie, I was very and I mean very angry at finding out about this.

I was even more pissed off at her for keeping me asleep. I understand she was trying to protect me from harm's way, but in situations like that I feel vulnerable. They– whoever this person is could have easily killed me in my sleep. If I am to ever be killed, I want to die trying. I am also aware of this person, or persons killing someone we may know. As soon as Jasmine told me that, I hurried and called my brother and the others of gang.

"Josh texted and confirmed Jas' mother is safe. He was outside her house all morning." Jason looks down at his cellphone on his lap, then back at the road. "That's good. You hear that, baby?" I turn around to see Jasmine already looking up with relief written on her face. 

"Yeah." She wraps her arms around her body, biting on her bottom lip.

"It will all be over in no time... I promise you."

I am going to kill every single person who are involved with all of this. I already have a hit list; I don't mind adding more names to it. It will be better if those people were gone forever. 

I have been making phone calls to some few alliances I made in the past, asking them for their help with tracking down these people.

-

"Hey, so how was your birthday. Did you guys have sex?" Jason laughs at his question, while I chuckle a little bit. Jas doesn't say anything, she only smiles softly.

"Yeah, we had a great time. Lots of talki–" my phone ringing loudly in my pocket cuts my talking off. I sigh loudly at being cut off. I was going to tell all what Jasmine and I did. Well of course not the sex part, but everything else. I sigh, pulling out my phone to see an unknown number calling me.