fifty four - forever

Ethan

"Cause we danced all night to the best song ever—"

I was cut off by a light throat clearing, behind me. I halt my actions, not making any moves to turn around.

"Uh, hey." Jas' light voice makes my heart accelerate. I don't say a word, I just continue to organise our closest. I'm working on my side, I just finished hers about ten minutes ago.

I hear her sigh, walking over to my dock- she turns the music off. I shift on my knees nervously, watching her walk over to me. She takes a seat right in front of me, sitting criss cross. I can really see her busted lip and bruises even closer now.

"You've been up here for hours, and I wanted to bring you dinner. I know you left out on breakfast earlier, so I wanted to make sure you get something to eat." She mumbles softly, flinching when I move to sit on my butt.

"Alright, you can leave." Not meaning to sound rude, I just want her to leave so I won't feel more badly than I already do.

"Okay," She gets up to walk out our walk-in closet, walking toward the double doors. "I'm not mad at you, I'm just a little shaken up."

Shaking my head, I look at my hands. "You should be. You know, since I'm a "crazy monster" in all." Sarcasm laces my words.

"I didn't tell him to call you that, I didn't even know he told Malia that. He just didn't want to scare her."

I wave her off, folding my shirts.

"So your mad at me now? I've done nothing wrong?"

I ignore her, finishing up my color coding and folding of my clothes.

"Why am I getting the silent treatment? What have I've done so wrong? I've taken a blow to my mouth, a choking, and this stupid lump on my head... and all you can do is childishly ignore me? Grow the hell up!" She raises her voice at me.

I get up, making her scream in mock terror. She goes to run out the door, I weakly grab her wrist. "I am just trying to get up! Fuck, I'm not going to hit you!"

She breaks away from my hold, stumbling back into a wall. "Well you did."

I ball my fist at my sides. I'm so disappointed in myself. "I didn't know what I was doing, you know that!" I try to get my point across.

"I don't care, you should've ordered your medication on time. You could've really killed me." Her voice cracks, still shying away against the wall. "I'm so scared of you right now. I haven't been scared of you since a long time ago, now I'm reverting back!"

I drop my head down low, turning back to what I was doing before. Folding my clothes. I remorsefully watch her scurry out the room. Leaving my clear shot of her beautiful face, to be somewhere not in front of me. I just realised, our whole household witnessed our dilemma.

Nosey, paranoid freaks!

-

Jasmine

After we ate a lovely dinner prepared by Cameron, me and Ryan, then we all popped some fireworks in the street. Ethan didn't join us in dinner, though he did come out for a little while to see the fireworks. I have a feeling it was because of Malia.

After watching the fireworks being lit he went back inside. I could feel him watching me from one of our windows— he was. When I turned around, the library window shudders were moving from side to side.

"I got this Jas, go put help put Malia to bed. You know she doesn't go down easy." Josh takes the sponge out my hand, continuing my job of cleaning off the stove.

"Thanks a lot, Josh." I wipe my wet hands off on my jeans, walking into the living room. I lift Malia up from her comfortable position on the couch, balancing her body in my arms.

I walk up the stairs, passing by my room. Not before seeing Ethan pacing back and forth. Stripping her clothes off, giving him a kiss on his forehead. Jason smiles at me gratefully, thanking me for helping. I tell him it's no problem.

Did I not mention I'm being weirdly watched by Ethan? He stands in the doorway, looking at Malia. He hasn't said a word this entire time, yet he can't take his eyes off the Malia. "Why do you keep looking at her like that?" I question, not taking my eyes off her.

"I'm not looking at her?" He speaks lightly.

"Then what are you looking at?" I tug on my bottom lip, wincing in pain. I forgot I had a hurt spot there.

"You." Ethan states.

"Why are you looking at me?" I mumble.

"B-because I love y-you, and I'm an asshole... and I'm really really really sorry."

Facing him, I see he has dried tear stains on his face. "I know you are."

He looks up at the ceiling, crossing his bandaged and cast covered hands over his still fully clothed chest. "It was about me hurting myself— the nightmare I had."

He tells me all about his nightmare he had this morning, as I remove his clothing. He cried loudly in my arms, apologising several times to me. Even though I am still a bit scared, I put my emotions aside, being a shoulder to cry on for my man.

I love him, and he doesn't need me to be angry with him. He didn't know he was harming me, while he was dreaming of killing an already dead Shawn.

"I need you." He sniffles into my shoulder, while I run my fingers across his back soothingly.

"For?" I speak in his ear.

"Ever." He whispers to me, pulling my body more closer to his.

I need him forever too.