Chapter I: Down We Go

• • •

[DISCLAIMER]
"The Hobbit" rightfully belong to J.R.R. Tolkien, I only own my OC's.

• • •
[Author's Note]
Since my MC is Japanese there will be a few ways of how I write the dialogue.

"This speech is in English."
"This speech is in Japanese."
'This is the MC's thoughts.'
This is MC's memories.

• • •

1st Person P.O.V.

• • •

"Miyawaki finishes 15th in the Japanese Nationals"

Miyawaki Sierra(18), a skater from Chukyo University Skating Club, placed 15th after a disappointing free skate on her first circuit as a senior in the Japanese Nationals held at Fukuoka, Japan.

Miyawaki fell on her first jump, a 3 Flip+ 3 Toeloop Combination, and also fell on her 3 Lutz and her 2 Axel in the later half of her program. A few spins were also given negative grade of execution points.

Expectations for this girl were high as she finished 2nd in last season's Junior Grand Prix Finals. Miyawaki also won gold in last season's Junior World Championships.

As this is her first season as a senior, could the falls be the result of the pressure or the nervousness in her first season as a senior skater?

• • •

"Hey!"

I jumped in my seat as a teammate of mine suddenly sat down beside me. I was just about to finish reading an article about my horrendous performance in last week's Japanese Nationals when Mako sat beside me, deftly untying her skates.

"Oh, hey. Are you done practicing?", I asked, feigning nonchalance, just thinking about those falls made me want to grimace but I held it in.

"Yeah, I'm done," after untying her skates, Mako turned to me, a serious expression in her face. "Are you alright Era-chan? You don't look good. Is it about last week?"

'I love her but sometimes Mako-chan's too nosy, can't she see it's still a sore topic for me?'

"I'm fine," I said, trying and failing not to wince at the horrible memories that was brought up.

"Sure you are," after a few seconds of scrutinizing me, Mako finally said, "You know, you need to unwind. Ya know relax. Take a Healing trip."

I rolled my eyes ,"It's kind of hard to get a week off for a healing trip in the middle of season, I need to practice."

"Who said you need a week off just to relax?" Mako raised her brow. "There are plenty of relaxing places near Aichi."

"Like where?" At this point I was just humoring her, wanting nothing more than this conversation to end, talks about my fall to 15th place is still too daunting for me.