Chapter V: Advice from the Elves Pt. I

• • •

[DISCLAIMER]

“The Hobbit” belongs to J.R.R. Tolkien, I only own my OC's.

• • •

[AUTHOR'S NOTE]

I just noticed I put “The Lord of the Rings” in the previous disclaimers stupid me
Anyways, Sierra finally gets to meet the rest of the Rivendell Elves!

“This is English.”
“This is Japanese.”
‘This is MC's thoughts.’
This is MC's memories.
“This is Sindarin.”

• • •

1st Person P.O.V.

• • •

It was around 10:00 a.m. in the morning, I was the only one in the rink. Skating my heart out as it's an open practice day for me.

I was setting up for a jump, doing a crossover to gain speed and turning around to get on my right foot's back outside edge[1] of my blades, feeling my left foot extend backwards and hitting the ice with the toepick[2].

One rotation. Two. Three. Three and a half. A quarter to four.

‘Just a bit more!’

I fell on my back, staring at the lights above me. ‘I almost did it too.’

“You fell quite bad, are you alright?”

I  turned around and saw Shoma-senpai watching me from the barriers, arms crossed on his chest and a worried expression on his face.

“Oh! Shoma-senpai! Good Morning!” I stood up and bowed my head, feeling a bit tired from all the jumps I've been doing. “Is it your private session on the ice? I can leave now if you want me to.”

“No, no it's fine. I'm just going to do step sequences today anyways,” Shoma-senpai said, bending down to remove his skate guards and placing them on the barrier, he skated towards me, a look of confusion in his face. “But correct me if I'm wrong but that toe[3] was over rotated right? That looked like 3 and a half rotations to me, maybe more.”

I chuckled awkwardly, wringing my hands in front of me. “Well, Yamada-sensei is helping me with quads, she already had me practice the quad toe with a harness on.”

“If you're still doing it in a harness, why the hell are you doing it without one and without supervision at that!” Shoma-senpai jokingly smacked me in the head.

“I know, I know! I'm sorry, I won't do it again!”

“You better not! Or it's your hide Yamada-sensei is going after.”

• • •

“You seem happy, tithen pen(young child),” Elrohir-san remarked from beside me, our small comoany of  four is currently on our way to this place called Rivendell, apparently we're going to make it there in good time as we're almost near the elven settlement.