Chapter 6

"Music healed his heart, but not mine."
Chapter Six

Why couldn't I play anymore?

I was dumbfounded, struck by his question as my mind processed what was happening.

It was a subject I hoped I would never have to encounter again, a subject that bruised my heart and ripped it until stitches couldn't fix it.

"Why does it matter to you...?" I say blandly, sitting myself on the Piano stool, my fingers gripped the edges of the seat tightly. So tight my knuckles had turned white.

Yoongi leaned up, his eyes trailed up my body, until he locked his gaze with mine.

"Because I can hear it in your voice." He rested his elbow against the beanbag.

"I don't understand, what are you talking about?" I furrowed my eyebrows together; his words were puzzling me. Seeing as I was completely oblivious to his statement, Yoongi sighed deeply; pinching the bridge of his nose in annoyance.

"What did you do, Kim Y/N. That you can't play anymore." He answered, tilting his head. He clicks his tongue against the roof of his mouth, scolding my peanut brain.

"I'm no idiot Y/N. No one looks at a piano like it's a coffin." He stated, factually.

Staying silent, I pursed my lips together in melancholy. He's intelligent for sure, but to be able to figure out that I had gone through things that were inexplainable... it's like he lived to see my life fall to hell itself.

I turned towards the piano, my index finger gently pressing a key. The was tune barely there.

"Trauma." I laughed a little, my life itself was a joke. Though it was true, the vivid memory that seeped nightmares during my sleep. That haunted my mind when I see a piano of such.
That stripped my love for music.
I lost myself then.

Un noticing that Yoongi had stood up from the beanbag, I was lost in my thoughts until I feel something brush against my shoulder.
Sitting beside me, his forearm touched mine as his eyes focused on the keys in front of him.

"I won't ask." He said, lifting his arms to lay his fingers over the keys.

"So let me play for you instead."

Again, like I'm lost in the sea of wonders my eyes were glued on him. This cold person, being genuine and kind. Was it normal?

I didn't know.

All I knew was that, the beat of my heart was beyond rapid. And that my sight couldn't be ripped from looking at him.

That this man, so alluring in a way that made me feel butterflies in my gut; so intriguing that I can't help but want to talk to him, he was something that I needed.

Yoongi's fingers swiftly glide along the keys, the piano beginning to play notes I've never heard of in my life.

Beethoven?

No.

Chopin?

Not that either.

This wasn't neither, but it was Min Yoongi's melody.

His song.

His song, that made me fall in love with him.