Chapter 17

"Protect her, protect all."

Chapter Seventeen

[time skip: 1 week]

Ever since that night Yoongi's father had suddenly made the decision to help me out. Never once was I left unattended.

At school, no matter where I went, I could spot those black suited men standing; hiding in the darkness. They dwelled like a shadow, always following me around.

However it seemed that it was only for a certain time or day. I was left alone at night, leaving me somewhat freedom. But during the day I was the rat being followed by a cat. luckily for me, I wasn't being tagged around today.

Standing at the doorsteps to my home, I eyed the door knob.

My house had become a crime scene.

A home that had the eye of the public, a home that the headlines wrote 'dead man's head'.

At this point... I wasn't sure whether or not I could ever become normal again.
And sadly, just below my feet.. his blood still stains the concrete of the stairwell.

I swallow thickly, turning the knob to my house. The door creaks subtly, as it opened. The immediate smell of chemical cleaning products and plastic wrap fills my nostrils. I scrunch my nose, as the pungent smell was too strong.

This place was turned upside down in my absence. My furniture had been removed, along with all my belongings.

My eyes stray towards the floor. A bright red hue piquing my curiosity.

Slowly, my hands leave the safety of the door as my feet slowly approached the odd liquid that puddled not too far away from my line of sight.

"I don't remember a leakage..." I mutter under my breath.

Squatting down, I bent closer to see.

It was definitely water all right, but the fact that it was slightly colored pink...? No, almost red.

Unintentionally flinching as something wet touches my forehead, I looked up in habit.

My ceiling, rotted in an ugly color of diluted red, slightly dried around the edges.

"What the hell..?" A lump forms in my throat as I digest the situation slowly.

Coming to realization, I heavily turned my feet, feeling the hair on my neck rise as I looked over the empty living room again.

I, was not alone.

"Come out." My voice falters, as fear burns my insides, cold sweat soaks the collar of my shirt as my hands fall clammy.

"Just as I expected, you're quite smart, Kim Y/N."

Feeling something cold press against the temple of my forehead; my body goes rigid, forcing my throat to go dry.
My breathing hastens upon the feeling as my eyes shakily wavered to the side, where, his face appears twisted.

This man was not just anyone.

"Kim Seonwoo." I breathed, feeling my heart drop in dismay.

His lips curve in response to my recognition despite his scar wrapped face. Almost as if someone had stabbed him with a knife, his eyes were wide in a psychotic manner as his hand shakes as his gun pressed against my head.

"You recognized me, I feel honored." He laughs dryly.

Of course I did.

Kim Seonwoo, was a ruthless student that I had seen crossing the streets many times. One day I ran into him, accidentally. That day, Kim Seonwoo had fallen victim to harassment by others. I was the only one standing up for him.

Until, I stopped.

"Why are you here..." I gulp, squeezing the hem of my shirt tightly in my hand. Afraid to move.

Seonwoo frowned, his expression darkening.

"I thought I gave you a warning." He snarls.

He leaned forward, bringing his lips to my ears, cocking the gun as his finger is pressed over the trigger halfway.

"I told you to watch your back. I warned you."

Him.

Like everything falling, collapsing, until it became rubble. My mind snaps in half as reality slaps me across the face.

Tears, pool in my eyes as flashbacks of that day come haunting me, pouring dreaded scenes into my head as I processed everything.

Kim Seonwoo, was the mysterious messenger.

"You killed him."

"You killed my brother. Didn't you?" I choked, falling to my knees as my jeans become soaked a deep red.

Seonwoo smiles, squatting down as he watched in bemusement as my body shook in absolute mortification. A horrid expression cascaded my face as I brought a hand to cover my mouth to muffle a sob.

"Do you want to know a secret, Kim Y/N?" He whispers tauntingly.

The barrel of his gun is pulled away, replaced by his rough calloused hands grabbing at my hair, forcing me to look up at him as tears stained my cheeks.

Seonwoo leaned close, his other hand grips at my chin harshly.

"He's here." He smiled innocently, pointing directly above where the soaked ceiling was.

"Your brother, that is."