SEVEN

check yes juliet - we the kings

➸LEO WOKE UP with a pounding headache

LEO WOKE UP with a pounding headache. One that came from a mix of last night antics and the hurt in his brain. His hangover was so fierce that even brushing his teeth felt like a massive effort.

Once he was sufficiently awake, a splash of cold water to the face at least doing enough to keep his eyes open, he went to check on the boys, only to find neither in their beds. This was strange in itself as usually Thiago jumped at the chance to wake his father up, and Mateo was still too young to safely make his way downstairs. Therefore the man would be lying if he said he didn't panic at the sight of the lonely beds.

Moving downstairs as quick as he could without tripping over his own feet, his heart slowed down once again when he heard the familiar giggling of his youngest son downstairs. The two boys were sat on the long, silver-coloured sofa, laughing away with a film playing in the background.

Leo recognised it as Tangled; specifically the scene where Flynn Rider and Max the horse were fighting over there satchel containing the princess' crown. A smile crossed over his lips briefly, body leaning against the doorframe of the living room until one of his children noticed him.

"Morning Papa!" Thiago smiled briefly, before immediately returning his attention to the TV screen.

The footballer watched his children for a moment longer, before moving towards the faint smell of coffee coming from the kitchen. His focus fell onto the girl stood over the sink, washing plates that even Leo didn't know he owned.

"Hey," he spoke softly, holding his hands up in defence when she spun around in shock "it's just me."

Cordelia visibly relaxed, and Leo couldn't help but think in his mind how similar, yet still so different she looked without makeup. Her lips and cheeks were paler than he remembered, a lack of that rose tint she always seemed to wear. Most of her features were the same, and it really was the blush she usually wore which made her skin look more lively. The girl had always struggled with a pale complexion. Even as a child she had always struggled to tan, and now when she spent her days working in the outdoors, the sun never caught her skin like it did the rest of her family.

Leo still thought she was beautiful.

"Morning." She gave a soft smile. "How's your head?"

The footballer's groan in response clearly answered her question, for with a soft laugh she handed him some tablets and a glass of water - ones she already had prepared on the side.

Despite Leo's worries, the girl wasn't going to give him a lecture about making mistakes. She knew that he understood what he had done was wrong, but she also understood that it was pain that had driven him to it, and she wasn't going to lecture a man in pain.

"Do you want anything to eat?" Cordelia commented, turning back to whatever she was making. Leo noticed it to be bacon, and he nodded eagerly, prompting another laugh.