the author's tag

hello hello not an update, sorry to disappoint. i was tagged by Fever09 to do this and it looked fun so i thought i'd have a go!

1. is there a story you're holding off writing for some reason?
so many all the time. i always have too many ideas but not enough time/effort to write them. i love coming up with plots for stories, and i'm always doing it in everyday life, i just never have the effort to actually write it.

2. what work, if any of yours, are you most embarrassed of?
euphoria by a mile on here. i can't even think about it it makes me cringe that much. bleurgh.

3. what order do you write in?
chronological. otherwise i get way too confused!! i've always admired people that can write an idea for a later chapter the second it pops into their head, but i'm not the type of person who can cope without writing every moment up to that, as i'm always afraid i'll miss something out.

4. favourite character you've ever written?
so i feel like i need to add context here but i'm in and out of acting school, and part of our development as actors is to write scripts, so i have about 10 different scripts written out in word documents. my favourite character comes from one of those. her name is noelle, and she's influenced by the character of satine from moulin rouge - one of my favourite films of all time. i took a lot of care when writing her to develop a complex, yet likeable character whose storyline is influenced by the actions of the people around her. she's definitely one i enjoyed creating as, if you've seen moulin rouge you'll recognise it, she struggles with her role as a woman in the late 1800's, but overcomes the restrictions placed on her by society through solstice in the arts.

5. character you were surprised to end up liking to write?
again, from one of my scripts. his name is james and at first i added him to be the simple, sweet love interest for the first "series". i ended up giving him quite a large influence on the story, and the more i wrote of him, the more beautifully complex he became. i fell quickly in love with him and it was hard because to say i didn't treat him nicely would be an understatement - sorry james.

6. something you would go back to change but it's too late/complicated now?
i wrote euphoria in first person. one of the many many reasons i hate it. it so much harder to write and i feel the characters always seem whiney, no matter how well you write them.

7. when asked, are you enthusiastic or embarrassed to tell people what you write?
it's mixed. obviously my friends from college it's easy to tell them about the scripts, but definitely not about the fan fiction. i have one friend who hears some things, she likes to read my scripts so i send her the ones i get excited about. i would never tell about writing fanfic, which is why i love speaking to people on here who don't judge.

8. favourite genre to write?
historical drama. especially in scripts. i love a good 1800s or 1920s story - i think it comes from my favourite films and shows being moulin rouge and peaky blinders - a definite historical element there. i also enjoy crime stories, and most of my scripts tend to combine the elements of the two. so really this book here is a strange one for me to write as it doesn't fit either of those categories.

9. what do you do for inspiration?
it varies. mostly for liberation i get inspired when i watch a football match, mainly because it reminds me i need to write. for some of my scripts it actually comes from watching tv shows - i tend to cast an actor as one of my characters so whenever i see them that can inspire me. for example, the script i mentioned james was from is a crime drama, and i get heavily inspired when i watch graceland (mainly because he is based on a character from there and i "cast" the dude as him but).