night light

what am i doing asfjhkdsjdfh i have no ideas and i have no audience. helpppppp.

Richie and Eddie were having a sleepover. Richie looked around, inspecting Eddie's bedroom. Eddie sat shyly on his bed, watching Richie's every move.

"A nightlight? Seriously?" Richie laughed. "What? Is baby Eddie afraid of the dark?" 

Eddie felt his face turn red, and he leapt up and unplugged the nightlight, throwing it reluctantly into the garbage can.

"No! I'm not afraid of the dark! And I'm not a baby!" Eddie cried, feeling embarrassed.

That night, while lying in his bed (Richie on the floor next to his bed), Eddie had a nightmare. He woke up panicking. The fact that there was no light greeting his eyes as he bolted awake made everything worse. Tears were streaming down his face, and he silently sobbed. He felt like the darkness was swallowing him up, tossing him into a never ending hole of nothingness. He felt like It would come crawling from the dark and eat him. Eat him, and all his friends. 

"Eds?"

Eddie felt someone crawl onto his bed and hold him. He sobbed and sobbed, then opened his eyes. They adjusted, and he could see the outline of Richie holding him.

"What's wrong Eddie Spaghetti?" Richie asked.

"The duh-duh-dark..." Eddie choked out.

Richie felt awful. He had ridiculed Eddie for having a nightlight, even though Eddie needed it. Richie started to get up, going to get the nightlight and plug it in, when he felt Eddie grab his arm.

"Duh-duh-don't guh-guh-go Ruh-ruh-richie..." Eddie cried, afraid that the clown would eat him. Afraid that the clown would eat Richie.

"Don't worry, Eddie Spaghetti. I'll be right back. You wont even realize." Richie said softly. Even he realized how different he sounded. He quickly retrieved the nightlight and plugged it back in, his eyes adjusting to the light that softly brightened the room. He walked back to Eddie, who was taking puffs from his aspirator. Richie hugged Eddie, and buried his face into his hair.

"Sh sh sh. Don't cry Eds. I've got you." Richie comforted, kissing the top of Eddie's head. Richie stayed there the whole night, rocking Eddie back and forth until he heard his soft snores.

"I love you, Eds." Richie whispered to the sleeping boy in his arms.