popsicles

GUESS WHO'S BACK! BACK AGAIN!

Eddie rushed after Richie. He felt like he was suffocating, and he couldn't find his inhaler. The small boy stopped and frantically dug through his fanny pack, cursing himself for somehow forgetting to pack it.

"Eds?"

Eddie tried to call for help, but he couldn't catch his breath. 

When Richie rushed back and kneeled by the smaller boys side, Eddie almost cried with relief.

"Bite on this, Eds!" Richie said, pulling an inhaler from his pocket and putting it to the hypochondriacs lips.

He gently ran his fingers through Eddie's soft hair as the boy inhaled. "Don't worry Eddie. I got you."

Eddie finally caught his breath and gratefully leaned into Richie, who by that point was holding him close. 

"Th-thanks Rich." he whispered.

"Anytime, Eddie-O."

The two boys got up and dusted off awkwardly, then continued in the direction they had been headed, although this time rather than running, they walked. Richie swung his arm lazily around Eddie's shoulder, and gently turned him when they needed to round a corner.

"Trust me, Eds. You're gonna love rocket pops." 

"Don't call me that, you know I hate it!" Eddie huffed, although he could feel his cheeks heating up at the name.

"Awww I know you love it." Richie replied.

"Shut up! I do not!" Eddie retorted, stomping his foot like an angry child.

"Pfft. You're so cute when you're angry." Richie laughed, pinching the smaller boys cheek and dragging him along.

Eddie felt his heart thundering in his chest. Richie thought he was cute?

"There's the stand, Eddie Spaghetti. Ya got a dollar?" 

Eddie shuffled through his fanny pack again, saddened to see that he had no money. "No. Sorry Richie."

"Oh, don't worry. Hang tight."

Eddie watched as Richie rushed to the stand and handed the man the dollar, then rushed back to Eddie's side.

"That was quick." Eddie commented as Richie excitedly peeled off the wrapping around the popsicle.

"Indeed it was, my love." Richie replied. 

Eddie felt himself blush again. He knew Richie called him 'cutie' and 'my love' to tease him, but every time it made his heart flutter. 

"Can I have a lick?" Eddie asked, shaking off his thoughts.

"Oh darling. Your mother would greatly disapprove." Richie said sadly, licking the popsicle.

"I don't care. Please?"

Richie looked down at the shorter boy and grinned. "Alrighty, since you asked nicely."

He lowered the popsicle to that it was level with Eddie's mouth, allowing Eddie to get in some good licks.

"Now now, don't eat the whole thing!" Richie exclaimed, yanking the popsicle away as Eddie reached the chocolate center.

Eddie pouted and crossed his arms.

"Ugh, fine Eds. You and your adorable face win. Here."

Eddie grinned as Richie handed him the last half of the popsicle. "Thanks a bunch, Richie!"

Richie smiled as Eddie enjoyed the rocket pop, his gaze full of adoration. Because he loved Eddie, and he knew that he would do anything to keep the boy safe.

Absolutely anything.

(A/N: ooh a weird cliffhanger :O)