Nineteen

Anwaar's POV
November 2017

"You ok?"

A grumble came out as the reply, my head was banging and my lips were so dry and patched. Since yesterday evening when I entered my room I didn't come out until today, noon and all I needed was coffee. Luckily for me there was some remaining in the jug and I helped myself to it.

"What happened?" Ramsey has now left the living room and was walking towards me to the kitchen, I noticed her left eye was swollen, it was now my turn to ask what was wrong.

She refused to answer "you answer me and then I will, what happened?"

"I just missed my parents and Samaar" I looked at anywhere but her face, she was one of the few people that could read me and instantly find out what's wrong with me, before it was just Mama now it includes her and that jerk.. Haroun.

She dragged me to where she sat and squeezed my hand "that didn't sound like someone missing her parents, you were in pain Annie, I could feel it"

I sighed "I don't want to talk about it Ramsey, please"

I traced her wound with my hand and she winced, it was pretty bad "who did this to you?" the purple bruise matched the color of her hair, her wounded eye was looking so small and I grimaced, that got to have hurt.

"A client" she replied "he almost over dosed me with cocaine and I tried to run, so he punched me"

"I'm so sorry" I gave her a hug, running my hands over her back. With what we do you never know the type of person you're going to be with, and that is one of the things that scare me the most. We have had cases where call girls go and never come back and I just hope none of it will ever happen to Ramsey or me.

My phone starts to ring so I skip back to my room, feeling slightly better now that I had caffeine in my system. My face broke into a smile when I saw Mama's name, I just hope this phone call won't have us both end in tears.

"Guess what Anwaar!!" It was Samaar she sounded so excited. I couldn't help but laugh, her joy was infectious

"What is it?"

"Mama just won a house?!!"

"Really??"

"Yes! She went to the supermarket and then got chosen to play a game, she won and they handed her a key to a house Anwaar!!"

Good job MK

"Oh my god I'm so happy for you guys!" I tried as hard as I could to act surprised and excited.

"It's furnished from head to toe!" she went on again, excitement dripped from every word she uttered and this alone could keep me going, at least I could bring smiles to their faces and they could be happy, what does it matter if I'm not happy? My family are my priority.

"Oh wow!!"

"Mama has been crying, she just wants to know who's behind this so that she will show her gratitude"

"Well too bad the person was anonymous right?"

"No she actually got a gift box with some goodies inside and a card was in there"

"Really?"

"Yeah and that's not even the good part"

"What is?" I chewed my dried lips keeping it at the back of my head to balm it after this phone call.

"Well I sent him an email and told him thank you and you know Anwaar I missed you he replied and told me if I needed anything I should ask so I told him about you and how I wanted to see you, he sent me a plane ticket!" now she was just screaming over the phone and I would've screamed with her too, but I didn't want her here.