Twenty nine

Wednesday
I'm going to destroy her life! How dare she!! Two men! She has taken two men away from me now! I remember when we used to live at her house and I had a guy who loved me he came by the house to greet Mommy saw Anwaar and never looked at me the same way again, I could tell by the way his eyes lit up when she came to the living room. He broke things off because I refused to cooperate and give him her number and now Haroun! Haroun is mine I've been with him for the past two years, I had to endure all his attitude, all his sour moods just because I knew our parents are friends and my father really wanted us to get married. I love him, I love him and right now I'm seeing black! I was happy when the doorbell rang but the moment I opened the door I was scared because he looked so scary, he didn't even greet me, neither did he smile, he just told me "Annie", who the hell is Annie I thought, "your cousin" he said again and then I remembered the picture of Uncle Abdulmalik he ran out with, that's why he was intrigued by the picture! It was because Anwaar had the exact same face of her father. "Haroun come in" i had invited him in, he looked me straight in the eye "I'm in love with your cousin, and it's her I want to marry" he turned taking my broken heart with him and left without sparing me another glance. I've been thinking about this since, how did he get to know her. I don't even know what she's doing now but I knew she was still poor and struggling, she didn't hang out the places Haroun did, then how?
     I won't let him go without a fight, my parents have left for Nigeria because apparently there's a big family news, Zahid and I are leaving on Friday also, I was seething, I had no one to cry to because my mom isn't even around but I know I'm going to hunt Anwaar down and I'm going to make her life miserable, that poor rat! How dare she take my Haroun away from me!! Holding my phone in hand I kept bombarding him with calls but there was no answer. Tears fell on my face and I didn't try to stop them, why does nobody want me? I know I'm a beautiful girl why then can't I make one man stay and marry me. Zahid walked in and saw me crying, he asked what's wrong and I fell to the ground heaving "That rat! She stole Haroun away from me" I said tasting bile in my mouth, he was still confused so I said "Anwaar, Anwaar knows Haroun and he told me it's her he's in love with" Zahid bit his lip brought out his phone then showed me several photographs. I gasped ? Is that? What is she wearing and beside her, I know him!! He's a politician in Kano state, he was the one who lost to Haroun's father. I smiled and snatched the phone from Zahid staring at the pictures even more, I suddenly felt elated, grabbing my phone I sent a text I knew would bring the cat right where I want her to. I'll destroy you Anwaar and I don't get care how many people I hurt. If I don't get Haroun. You won't also.

   December 2017
Wednesday, midnight
Anwaar's POV

  I jerked back with so much force I felt a blood rush go up my head. Did Haroun just take my first kiss? Something I was only willing to do if I found someone who wanted to be with me after learning my secret? I wanted to shout at him then because I was so angry. He doesn't know what he just caused with Zayna. I wished he had told me about her first then I won't advice him to break things just like that. I know she'll come for me only with what I didn't know and that made a feeling of fear sink to the pit of my stomach.

   "You shouldn't have done that" I whispered touching my lips, albeit it was just a peck I could still feel the tingle on my mouth. Haroun sighed, pulling me back close to him "I've been wanting to do that since the first day we met, you have beautiful lips" he dipped his head to kiss me again but I turned my face so he found my cheek. He laughed and I smiled, why was I enjoying this, I was angry and scared just few seconds ago.

    "Come on" he said "Annie I really like you"

I bit my lip which didn't go unnoticed by him, his already dark eyes tinting further, his pupils dilate.

"Haroun you don't really know who I am, it's not that easy" I didn't want all this happening. If my life was normal then I'd be glad he liked me and maybe all this will go somewhere. But I don't lead a normal life and I knew if he knows what I did he'd be disgusted with me.