Drenched

Fandom: Irresistible Mistakes (Love 365)

Pairing: Toshiaki x Reader

Summary: You get caught in the rain during your date and Toshiaki invites you back to his place

You pulled the hood of his gray sweatshirt over your head, picking up the pace as you moved quickly down the sidewalk; the scent of his cologne stuck to the fabric. Toshiaki had suggested walking to the movie theater, explaining that it would give the two of you more time to get to know each other; as the gray clouds moved across the sky you realized the storm was going to hit sooner than expected.

Toshiaki came to a stop at the crosswalk, turning around as he waited for you to catch up. The traffic light changed as you reached his side; lacing his fingers through yours, he guided you across the street.

"Oh shit." he muttered as the first drop of rain landed on his cheek; you both glanced up at the darkening sky. "Where should we hide out?" he asked, his eyes scanning the streets as he tried to determine the best place for the two of you to wait out the rain. "There's a coffee shop at the end of the block." he suggested as a light drizzle began to fall from the sky.

"The storm is supposed to last for hours. If we go to a coffee shop we'll be stuck there all day." you said, your breath becoming heavier as you tried to keep up with his long strides.

"My place is about 3 blocks away." he offered, nervously. The two of you had gone out on a few dates over the past month; always chatting at restaurants, hiking together outside the city, stealing kisses in the back of the movie theater. You had never truly spent time together in private. You had really enjoyed getting to know Toshiaki over that time and were more than ready to spend more time together; alone.

"It has a roof, right?" you laughed, the rain falling harder. He smiled, grinning as he led the way to his apartment. Cutting down a side street, his dark hair fell into his eyes as the rain continued to fall. He laughed when a crack of thunder made you jump, giving your hand a squeeze. The rain fell harder, droplets pelting the two of you as you began running down the sidewalk.

By the time you had reached his apartment door, you were both soaked to the core; lightning flashing through the sky as he pushed open the door, ushering you into the warmth of his place. You watched him as he locked the door behind him; his muscles more evident through his rain soaked t-shirt.

"You're drenched." he said, as if he only now realized the two of you had been running through a storm for the last 10 minutes. A blush rose in your cheeks as his eyes ran up and down your body.

You smiled at him. "I mean, if you hadn't noticed, it was raining a little bit out there." He kicked his shoes off on the doormat, you following suit.

"I'm sorry." He apologized.

"It's just water, I'm fine." you assured him, reaching over and resting your hand on his bicep. "I didn't melt, so at least you know I'm not a witch." You laughed. 

"Always a good sign." he smirked. "Let me get you a towel and something dry to wear." he said, turning down the hallway and into, what you assumed, was his bedroom. He appeared a few minutes later, a towel in one hand and a tshirt and a pair of sweats in the other. "Here." he offered, pressing the dry items into your hands. "You can change in my room; it's the first door on the right. The bathroom is at the end of the hall."

"Thanks." you replied, heading down the hall and into his room. You had to admit, for a single guy his apartment was pretty well decorated. You glanced around his room, noticing how neat it was. The bed was made, the furniture dusted.

You smiled to yourself as you pulled off his soaked sweatshirt, originally intended to keep you dry, and tossed it into the hamper by his closet. Dipping your head down, you toweled your hair dry, listening as the rain continued to crash against the windows. You managed to pull your jeans down and slipped the shirt over your head with some difficulty, the wet fabric plastered to your skin.