Pageant: final act

Akia is led to the throne room by more than 7 guards she's not sure if the king did it because he thought she was going to make a run for it.

She holds on to her red and gold cloak. She's being followed by so many footsteps and they don't help soothe her anxiety.

They slam open the giant doors of the throne room and inside the king is sat on the throne. He's visibly shaking, his bright eyes are as dark as the night.

Akia is frozen as he stands up on shaky legs. His knuckles buckle and a guard is immediately at his side to hold him up. Akia knows he's not weak, this isn't happening because he's weak. It's happening because his anger had grown passed containment of his human body and it was failing to hold itself together when all he wanted to do was use his magic to kill her.

He was holding back, fighting it. He was having an internal battle with himself and he was losing.

" DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU HAVE DONE?!" The king screamed in a voice that wasn't recognizable at all.
"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!"

Akia is slammed against the wall and she falls to the ground. She screams in shock and the pain.
She puts a hand on the back of her head and blood is falling down and into her neck.

The King eyes are sucked away and there are just green illuminated holes in his face. He growls, it's dark and animalistic and Akia brings herself to her feet.

She's not afraid, she knew this would happen and she's ready. Everyone will know who their king truly is after tonight. They'll know and fear him for the monster that he truly is.

The man moves his hands in front of him and then bends his fingers into a fist. Akia feels all the blood in her system spring up into her stomach and then into her lungs soon She's choking. She's choking on her own blood.

Her whole body is in agonizing pain, she can't scream can't beg him to stop can't do anything.
Her vision is blurry and she thinks for a second that she should just accept it. Accept that this was it.

She'd lived a good life until now.

Then she hears a crack and then an unholy scream. She's relieved
from the magical hold. The guards are absolutely horrified when they see the bend in the King's arm.

He'd broken off the bone in his wrist and had screamed in agony.

Akia was traumatized at the sight.

The king was sat on the floor with his wrist dislocated from his arm. It's bent and all he's doing now is breathing heavily.

His eyes are flickering from normal to their other stage.

He screams as a way of power surges through him. It's supposed to be directed at Akia but he doesn't allow it.
He doesn't direct it anywhere. He keeps it inside himself and his body experiences the pain by itself.

Having 2 different powerful creatures in his body has always been too much for him. Growing up his anger was almost impossible to handle. The witch side of him was vengeful, wanted to tear any and everyone that got in his way even a little bit.

His siren side couldn't tolerate any disrespect. It didn't get angry often but when it did there was no stopping it. The pride of the two creatures mixed together in the human body often caused wars.

Akia has wronged him but she was only a child, not to mention that she was carrying a child herself.

This, he couldn't allow it to happen.

He couldn't let himself kill her. He'd never survive it.

A burst of power surges from his head to his toes. It burns his nerves and he's in uncontrollably pain.