Your garden

Marilyn looked at the sea in front of her. If she could just get back on the boat and  travel south she could make it back home to the one that she loves the most in the world.

She's miserable here, it's cold and lonely. Not the lonely she's used to anyways. Even the maids are quiet here, in the middle of no where.

She had written the king multiple letters beginning for forgiveness begging to come home but was too ashamed to send out any of them.

Ophelia had found her way to her again, despite her protest.
She didn't want to see Ophelia again, she had demolished the only real thing in her life

"Some people kill boundless people to have a moment of my attention." Ophelia said and Marilyn sighed turning away from her. She didn't want to be associated with her anymore.
The hurt on the king's face. The pain he must be going through with her so far away. He was alone now.

She'd promised he'd never be alone and she'd failed him.

"When you left the king's protection in the palace. I felt something. There are parts of the king scattered in the kingdom. I can smell them." Ophelia said catching the queen's attention. The red haired woman refused to turn around and give her the dignity to continue to harass her.

The king warned her before that the moon lies, she'd let her rage and fear of worthlessness drive her to exactly that in the eyes of the only person who'd ever bothered to bestow her with value.

"Do not turn your back on me child. I'm being very pleasant with you now, but who knows how long this will last... you can't forget that you're carrying my child now." Ophelia said after walking towards the queen and grabbing her forearm.
"You don't have to be here. I do not need you here with me." The queen said, struggling to pull her arm out of the goddess's hand.

"I need to be here for my son to continue growing or he'll become a tumor inside you and rot every cell  in your body just to turn you into dust." Ophelia said before turning to look at hazel who was mindlessly sweeping fallen leaves and branches from the floor of their new home.

It was a huge house, similar to the mansion that her parents used to own. Similar to that place she was only ever allowed to look at from the outside
She wished the king was there with her, they could play house in this place rather than struggling to even catch sight of each other in the overwhelmingly large palace.

The house was made from mulberry wood, it was covered by vines with Bougainvillea and leather flowers.
There was a porch with a woodenly perfected sitting area with dark plush chairs staring out at the great empty sea.
Marilyn thinks the king would love it, he always preferred empty surrounds where only he and the quiet earth could be.

He'd love the smell of the sea water and he'd like that the house was almost alive with how many plants embraced it. Plants Marilyn had immediately upon arrive asked be cut down.

"I assumed you knew it was going to turn out this way. That was my mistake." Ophelia said her voice sour. A sting in the ginger queen's ears.
"I thought he'd choose me. He's always chosen me."
"It's his humanity, humans are pesky creatures. They are indecisive and weak, they want power but they are too afraid to grasp on to it and rip it from others. The ones that do become miserable sour themselves with regrets. They start to lose that power trying to make themselves forget having taken it in the first place. Disgustingly weak things, always so afraid of harm and harming. "

Marilyn snapped around to look at her. Her long dress flowing in the up and coming wind. She speaks as heavy waves begin crashing on the sandy floor. Ophelia eyes are black and frightening empty but she refuses to stand down.
"He's not weak."
"He is, He is weak but you are baring my son so I shall give you a gift."