13

Even if we have to go
around a long way,
I will still feel the same
We'll be alright,
I want to try again

Try again// D.ear ft. Jaehyun

.

«EHM... Good morning?»

Taeyong's soft voice was what brought Jaehyun back to reality, as he jumped on his seat and placed a hand on his chest and grabbed his coat

«Oh yeah— good morning!
Sorry, I was overthinking...»

the brunette said a bit embarrassed, as he gathered all the papers and soon realized that he hadn't read them yet.

Carefully looking at the redhead, the doctor observed the guy who was once his best friend and fellow soldier, trying not to get caught, as his eyes slowly drew imaginary lines following the mesmerizing features of the other.

Without being noticed, Mark casually approached his pupil and smirked at him, while the two started the interview

«Starting over with your parents wasn't that difficult, since you were literally born again. But with Tae? Let's see how you'll manage not to spill everything.»

he said giggling.

Although the angel wasn't trying to threaten nor to sound cruel towards him, Jaehyun really felt that this was surely going to be an hard challenge: the older's sudden appearance really caught him off guard and it wasn't going to be easy playing things off like nothing actually happened.

”The second gate to my new life” he thought, while listening to the male sitting in front of him.

As expected, Taeyong was an excellent candidate for the position he applied for and that's why the younger was very happy to welcome the other one in a team. So he stood up and stretched out his hand saying

«Congratulations Lee Taeyong, the job is yours!»

«Are you serious?»

the redhead was beyond surprised and uncertain at the easiness with which he passed his interview, but when he saw that the other one confirmed his success, he abruptly stood up smiling widely.

Then walking next to Jaehyun, he lightly punched his shoulder

«Great bro, we're now buddies!»

after saying that, he gave an high-five to the younger who, on the other side, looked at him speechlessly, not understanding the sudden change of mood of the current situation.

From a serious and shy candidate, Taeyong became a careless and jocking worker full of life. What a drastic change of character.

Meanwhile, Mark was now sitting on the table, laughing wholeheartedly at the newbie. He swore that he hadn't seen something so funny in ages, and when he says ages, trust me, he means it.

«So when can I start working? I can't wait any longer!»

The brunette really couldn't bring himself to answer the older's question, instead he just watched him jumping around the room like an excited kid, who just bought his favorite flavoured icecream

«He's weird as hell...»

[...]

«I hope this is a joke.»

Even after Mark confirmed it, Jaehyun couldn't believe that the guy he just finished talking to was once his fellow soldier. Apart from his chilly aura, the redhead looked way too different than he was in his previous life

”People don't have to necessarily be the same in their afterlife”

the angel would always say to reassure the doctor, who seemed to be a bit diffident to the words of the other.

The same thing happened with his parents: although he started with them since day one, the male, right from time, could sense that something was a bit off with them. It looked like tables had turned for his own good, as if the heavens wanted to actually help him out.

So more like a challenge, this really looked like a clear second chance — an easier one to be specific. In fact, still speaking of his mother and father, none of them forced him to be a doctor nor any other thing.

He made his own choices, taking in all the responsibilities that would come after them, which made him honestly feel like he was living his life while being constantly watched by his dear ones, none of them wanting to directly interfere with his destiny.

A red traffic light made the brunette suddenly press on the break of his car and coming to an alt, the quick and unexpected action making him and Mark dangerously lean towards the vehicle's windshield

«Be careful of how you drive, man!»

Mark pleaded dramatically, as he adjusted his white gown and made himself comfortable in his seat.

Jaehyun apologized, nervously laughing and scratching the back of his neck and whispering a low

«I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention...»

Meanwhile, set at the corner of the street the two males drove across, was a busy and eccentric flower shop owned by a small family of kind people called the ”Songs”.

In the small, yet comfortable location was a middle-aged woman who held the shop's phone tightly, while talking to a potential client — probably confirming a large order of flowers.

The female stood behind the counter, as in front of her leaned against it both her husband and her only child, Reira, trying to hear the ongoing conversation

«Well? What did the person said?»

she asked excitedly, clinging to her dad's firm arm.

«She confirmed the order for more than three hundred roses for tomorrow! It's probably going to be a wedding... Anyways Reira, you're going to be the one delivering them.»

The mother said nonchalantly, pointing at the young lady who pointed at herself as well, mouthing a low and retorical ”me?”

«Yes, you and maybe who knows... You might finally meet a nice boy to date.»

this time, her dad was the one who replied. Startling the two females and making the older one burst in a loud and sweet laughter

«Excuse me?!! What do you mean by finally?!!»

unedited.