25: 'Let's be honest'

Jade's POV.

'Hey, sweet ass'

Like a scary cat, Perrie jumped off of her seat, catching everyone's attention. -'Jesus Christ, Jade, don't do this again, fuck'

I just laughed. Of course, I will do it again.

'How are ya?'

She shrugged.- 'Fine, I guess'

'Mmh, just fine?'

'Yup'- I knew she was lying but I pretended I believed her by just nodding- 'And you?'

'Not that good, though'

She looked at me worried.-'Why?'

I shrugged, downplaying my previous repond.- 'Just life'

'Oh'

I nodded and I kept quiet. I didn't know what to say or do, honestly. She was the one who sent me that message. And she was the one who wanted to say something. Why should I say something?

'So..'- Perrie softly scratched the back of her neck and looked at me.

'So'.- I  funnily repeated.

And an awkward silent came across. I was looking straight to her eyes however she was looking at the damn table, lost in her thoughts.

I was getting anxious so I finally asked.- 'Perrie, why are you here?'

She shrugged again and that I felt annoyed by her attitude at that time. I wanted to get up and leave her there. But somehow I ended up rolling my eyes and tapping my fingers on the wood table.

'Earth to Perrie?'

'Oh, sorry'- She shyly smiled and I felt my heart started beating a bit too fast.- 'Jade, let's be honest'

I raised an eyebrow, confused. -'Alright, let's be honest, then'

'I think I like you'

'You think?'

She shook her head.-' No, I definitely like you'

And I was completely surprised. My heart seemed to be in a twisted race or something because it was beating way too fast. I try not to smile but I wasn't actually willing to stop that from happening. I widely smiled but Perrie didn't. And that freaked me out.

'Are you sure, Perrie?'

'Yes'

'I don't know what to say..'

'Please, don't say anything, just let me talk'- I nodded and she cleared her throat- 'This is all new for me. You're the first girl I like and it's scary. At first, I didn't want to admit my feelings for you because I was scared. But I wasn't scared about having feelings for you, I was scared... well I'm still scared about what people may say about me having feelings for a girl. I know it's stupid and I shouldn't be this insecure but as I said this is new for me. I dated one guy in my 24 years of life and although it is pathetic, this is me.'

'Perrie-'. She instantly cut me off.

'Jade, shut up for a moment'

I whispered an 'Okay'. She just nodded and continued.- 'Fine. So, as I said, I like you. More than I should and I know I have no right to come here and ask you this but anyways I will. otherwise, I'll be gone mad.'- She sighed before carrying on with her talk.- 'I wanna go on a date with you. But not as friends, more like two people who like each other. And I know you may not have romantic feelings towards me. And that's fine, Jade, it's completely fine. I just want to know because I can't stand seeing you chatting and dating random women and I'm just there dying of jealousy because I wanna be one of them. But-'

I loudly laughed, cutting off her rumbling talk.- 'Perrie, hold on a second'

'What? Jade, I told you not to interrupt me. I'm trying to say something important you-'

'I like you too, dumb ass.'- I confidently said. I saw her shocked face and I chuckled.- 'I thought I was obvious'

'I-'

'I like you a lot, sweet ass, and I'd love to go on a romantic date with you'

She smiled at me and I thought I was in heaven.-'What about Camilla?'

'She's not important, to be honest'

'Oh'

'And Alex?'

'I'm going to break up with him'

'Really?'- I didn't sound desperate but I needed her to confirm all my doubts. She cutely laughed and held my hand.- 'And I'm being serious, Perrie, I don't wanna be the second plate of anyone'

'You won't, Jade, I promise you I'll ask him to meet tomorrow'

I sighed and nodded.- 'Okay'

We spent several minutes holding hands and smiling at each other. it was time for me to get back to work and so I told her.

'Let's see each other tomorrow, okay? After you talk to this guy'

'Yes!'

'Fine, I guess I'll go'

And I stood up and fixed my green and khaki apron before returning to the counter. As I walked a few steps, I heard Perrie calling me.

'Yes?'

She shyly grabbed my hand and I notice her blushing. Damn, this woman is the definition of cute itself.

'Jade, is it wrong if I ask you to kiss me now?'

'It's about time, sweet ass'- I foolishly said before leaning in and kissed her.

-------------------------

I don't know how to feel about this chapter.

I should work harder so next time I'll be able to present better content.

Anyway, thanks for your votes and comments 💕

And as I said, if you continue like this, I'll update more often!

Adiós 👋🏻