Unexpected Reunion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peter stepped into the elevator and patiently waited for the doors to close. Right as they were about to, a quick hand slipped in between the small gap sending the doors to hurl back in opposite directions.

"Sorry, it's a long way up so I'd rather get this one first." He smiled. He was wearing a suit and was growing a stubble that was faintly visible. His brown hair hung in front of his face, and his skin was pale almost lifeless. He looked a few years older than Peter and was about a couple inches taller in height as well.

"No it's alright, what floor?" Peter gestured towards the buttons

"Top floo- oh we're going to the same floor." He smiled again this time revealing his perfectly white teeth. 

Why is he heading to Mr. Stark's floor? No ones allowed there. Does he know him? 

The elevator doors made a sound and the doors opened up. He stepped out of the elevator and observed the place as if it was his first time. Peter was confused but walked inside and called out his name. No answer.

"FRIDAY?"

"Yes Peter?" The AI's voice resonated around the room.

"Can you locate Mr. Stark for me?" She responded with a live video of him slumped over his desk downstairs in the basement.

"Thank you FRIDAY." Peter thanked and the AI responded. He was about to leave but then noticed the man still standing still by the elevator. He forgot he was there.

"Uhm. Are you here to see Mr. Stark too? Peter offered his help.

"I am actually, is Tony here somewhere?"

Tony huh? First name basis.

"Yes follow me." Peter said quite glumly. 

He followed Peter downstairs where he met with a glass wall requiring a PIN code which Peter inputed letting them through the door. Dum-e was hanging over Tony in an almost protective way. He had one of his arms stretched across the table amongst the metal and other scraps he was working with whilst his face was buried into the table. 

"Mr. Stark?" Peter whispered and tapped him lightly. He didn't respond so he repeated louder, causing Tony to wake up abruptly and hit his head against Dum-e.

"Jesus kid, gave me a fright, don't do-" Then he noticed the boy behind Peter. He got chills down his spine and almost smiled at the near sight of him. He quickly lifted himself out of his stool and pushed Peter aside then glared at the boy in front of him.

"You grew." Tony managed to say.

"Seems like my mechanic is getting a bit rusty himself." A wide grin appeared on his face. Tony walked up to him and pulled him into a hug and clenched him tightly. After letting go Tony wore a face of pure concern.

"You went missing, I searched everywhere, you weren't anywhere."

"I learnt from the best to learn to stay underground and hidden." His smile beamed brighter than the sun causing Tony to return the favour. 

Tony turned around and saw Peter standing there alone feeling belittled and left out. He gestured Peter to come here and Peter did as he was commanded however he wasn't feeling the same excitement he had before entering the elevator. 

"Kid, this is Harley." Tony introduced him as if it explained the first names, the hug and now the arm he held around him tightly. Peter knew of no other kid in Tony's life. There was Morgan and there was him. Why was Harley so special to him?

"Harley this is-"

"Peter, I know I overheard." He left his hand in the air for Peter to shake it, which he did. To his surprise he was feeling less and less happy.

"I know I came on short-notice but Tony, thanks for everything. I have to go now, I was in town and I was wondering if you were here too."

"If you ever need anything Harley, you can call me. Or stay here for a while. Who knows it'll just be like old times as long as you keep away from my suit's fingers." Tony laughed when Harley broke into a chuckle reminiscing the moment. 

"We are connected." Tony stepped forward and placed a kiss on his forehead, then gave him a final tight hug and let him go. They saw his feet disappear upstairs and Peter suddenly broke the silence.

"Who was that Mr. Stark?" He asked almost terrified of the answer.

"He's my son." 

Peter immediately felt a twang of pain inside his gut and started to feel sick and pale at the same time. He felt weak and betrayed, most of all unloved by the only person he considered to be his fatherly figure.

"Hey kid?" Tony said snapping his fingers in front of his eyes. "Did you hear me?"

"Huh what?" He was startled. Oh good I imagined it.

"I was saying, he was a kid when I met him, he helped me through some tough stuff. Even gave me his sister's limited edition Dora the Explorer watch." He laughed shaking his head. 

"Is he-?" Peter quietly mumbled.

"Is he what?" Peter bit down his lip and cursed he hadn't said anything. He almost wished he hadn't come at all.

"Pete?" Tony waved his hand in front of Peter's face. "What is with you today, talk to me kid."

Peter was immediately embarrassed after uttering the words. Tony looked at his face with a soft smile, Peter kept staring at the ground worried for his reaction.

"No Peter. He is not my son." Tony walked to the kid and pulled him into a hug and ruffled his hair with his free left hand. "Peter, if anything you are my son." Tony hesitated at first but spat the words out. To which Peter looked up and his dangling arms wrapped around Tony's waist in joy. He mumbled something into his chest which was inaudible for Tony to hear.

"What was that Pete?" He asked pressing his chin on his head. He mumbled again.

"For God's sake Peter Benjamin Parker speak lo-"

"I love you Dad." That silenced Tony. Whatever he was going to say it didn't matter. Peter finally gave him permission to treat him like his boy. His own son.

"Give your Dad a hug then." His arms stretched from one end of the room to the other. And Peter gladly walked into them feeling warm and at home. "Love you son."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAHAHHAHA i love this art :O