Peter's girl friend. Part 1

"NO!" He admitted to Ned. They were building the First Order's Star Destroyer. 2616 pieces. 

"Are you sure? 'Cause she seems to like you." Ned rolled his eyes at Peter's denial whilst simultaneously assembling the remaining wings.

"No of course not, I don't like her in that way," For further conviction, Peter proceeded by shaking his head vigorously and waving his hands over extensively. "Just because we're working on a project together doesn't make her my girlfriend Ned." 

"But you said you were working with your girlfriend remember?" He pushed himself towards his bag next to Peter's bed and pulled out his phone. He tapped and scrolled furiously to showcase a message between the two. "See?"

"No Ned, I'm working with a girl friend, not a girlfriend-girlfriend." He sighed in relief after clearing that up. "She asked me, because she said she was new and didn't know anybody. I thought you wouldn't mind since we always work together." He added sheepishly.

"No way Peter, at least one of us is getting a girl and entering manhood." To this Peter laughed and shook his head once again.

"Who even says that Ned, and again" He prolonged 'again' when speaking coming out in a whiney voice. "She's not my girl!" 

"Fine fine, whatever you say Peter." Ned smiled. "I'm telling you, by the way you two talked, it seemed like something was between you. Anyway, we're almost finished with the destroyer, maybe we should get another 3 and make the First Order set." He was about to say more when he thought about it. "Actually scratch that, I forgot, we'd need about 100 more ships to make that dream come true." Ned was unequivocally unhappy. 

***

The next day Peter arrived to school late, he had slipped up and ripped his jeans making him run back and change them, he wished he could just wear his suit everywhere unlike his super durable jeans. On the way to class, he bumped into a girl round the corner and both of them collided heads making them equally repulse each other to the ground. She got up quickly, and Peter couldn't help but stare. Her hair was a stark blonde complementing her grey eyes. Her nose was small and faint freckles were visible alongside her cheeks, she wore a crisp white shirt tucked into her skirt, which matched with the heavy duty boots she wore. 

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" She placed her hand mid-air waiting for Peter to take it. He did and got up not nearly as gracefully as she did. "Here," She picked up my books and pencil case and handed it over. Her fingers briefly touched with Peter's which sent a jolt through him. "Do you wanna go together?"

Her question threw him off. He was still hung on the lingering feeling of her soft touch. "Uh, ye- yeah sure." He managed to say before being pulled next to her and walking side by side. A silence lingered between the two.

"So Peter, any thoughts on the project?" Her smile filled the corridors with joy. It was cheesy, but something about her, Peter couldn't shake off. She was very pretty. There was a slight possibility that Ned was right about this, but Peter pushed the thought to the side. He knew it wasn't true, after all he had feelings for someone else. 

"Actually, I was hoping we could talk about something more technology based if you're into that-" His voice wavered off, probably not the best to mention something nerdy as a first impression. But again, he was surprised by her response.

"No, I would absolutely love that, you know my dad works in the police force, maybe we can get something from forensics and work on something like that, sound cool to you?" Before Peter could agree she continued. "I've been reading a lot and found a lot of universities that are working on organ growth and using different Animalia to reprogram our genes to help us with repairing our cells faster, like when you cut off lizard tails and they grow a new one." Her pale cheeks toned red. "Sorry for rambling, I just like science so muc-"

"Me too!" Peter said too quickly. "I mean I have this internship, it's not exactly biological science, but it's similar, this project's gonna be great." She smiled innocently at his reply. 

The conversation ended there when they both entered the class. What they didn't realise was everyone was silent, and seeing them walk in with her hand on Peter's shoulder, both giggling away unconsciously in each other's company. "And why are you two love-birds so late." Mr. Harrington's harangued statement left some awkwardness between the two which was visible when Peter blushed more heavily.

"Sorry, I got lost." She said innocently. Mr. Harrington sighed in disappointment before continuing, "Well Ms. Stacy I suppose that is a valid answer, sit down sit down." He turned to Peter who simply shrugged avoiding any disclosure on his wardrobe malfunction this morning. To which he waved off Peter to sit down as well. 

Peter sat down. Gwen sent him glances every few seconds and smiled whenever their eyes met. There was a silent language between the two, an undriven force of affection whether romantic or not, something was there. Diagonally behind Peter, MJ sat looking perplexed with emotions. She admitted she didn't care for Peter, as well as admitting to never admitting to care for Peter aloud. It was still disturbing to see Peter with another girl who wasn't her. That too he was able to laugh with her and after those unbearable glances it was clear to make her sour for the rest of the day. Peter couldn't look at MJ for longer than two seconds, let alone into her eyes. An unwelcome bundle of jealously flowed through her veins, she was angry and angrier that she couldn't tell Peter how she felt. She didn't plan to become a pathetic girl who chases boys with their time in high school. That's not MJ.