IronStrange

Tony was drenched in fear. He sat awake in the kitchen eating a 3-day-old-pizza. His panic attacks made him hungry. There was no doubt that Tony was good at hiding his emotions, although in this moment he didn't bother trying. His face was pale and pupils dilated. Every breath was faster and heavier than the last. "I will be fine idiot." he remembered the wizard saying, not that it assured him then or now, this was the price and consequence to follow. He admitted only going on two dates didn't qualify them as a couple let alone a boyfriend, but Tony hated nothing more than feeling helpless. He wanted to be there, with him. He took another swig of a concoction of Stark's speciality: a whiskey sour. It burned as it went down, but nothing healed his pain better. A mere distraction, just enough to ease his mind yet never satisfied - the true works of an alcoholic. 

He reminisced when Stephan first opened to him, his hands, and Tony took them, held him with affection. It was clear between the two of their relationship, whilst Stephen moved towards intimacy, Tony glided just enough to stay interested but never involved. It's not that he didn't want to be with him, but the cold bastard himself knew, that was the truth. Stark senior ensured a life of misery, he wasn't ready to face those emotions, hell he didn't know if Stephen would stick around long enough and bear them with him. Only then was when it suddenly dawned on Tony for making a mistake, the consistent pushing away and running away. God he must think I'm pathetic. Still there was nothing Tony could do, Stephan had left urgently to try and dissolve tensions in the multiverse. 

"Surely I can go, after all I can grace them with my starkness," He grinned. "No pun-intended."

"No Tony," Stephen stepped closer and caressed his cheek, "Time works differently, dimensions are equally the same, meeting yourself in the past isn't as catastrophic as meeting your present self. I have magic, you don't. Besides, there isn't room for two geniuses and Earth needs one whilst I'm gone." He pulled him into a hug and hung there for a while. Before pulling away, he quickly kissed his neck and Tony's face flushed red. "I'll be back before you know it. I will be fine" He opened a portal with his sling ring and just like that, disappeared. 

The pounding alarm clock interrupted Tony's thoughts once more. It was one of those antiques from retirement homes in Switzerland where a badly crafted bird popped out whenever a new hour hit. An unusual present from Steve, but who was he to judge, the man was trapped in ice for years - makes sense for him to purchase items according to his age. Nonetheless, he sat there in solitude. Once the echoing of the clock stopped, he looked up to see: 7:01 and he realised the loneliness that prolonged in the air. It had been a more than a week, it was supposed to be a quick job. What's got him taking so long?  I gonna kill that bastard when he gets back. He hated waiting. A noise came from around the corner which startled Tony, breaking him from his intense glare at the clock.

"Hey Dad," Peter walked in the kitchen groggily, rubbing his eye with an arm. His hair resembled the hairy beast from Star Wars Peter continuously rambles on about. He suddenly broke from his hangover state of mind and acknowledged Tony being in the room. "Have you been sitting like that this whole time?" 

"Like wha-" Tony realised what he meant. "I only just woke up," 

"Yeah, well, people don't wake up looking like that." He waved his arms over-excessively to prove his point. 

"Speak for yourself kiddo, have you looked in the mirror?" Tony teased back. Immediately, Peter starting to comb his hair with his hands. 

"Yeah so, I sleep rough." He stuck his tongue out and Tony sighed. There was a brief pause that lingered in the air. "So. . . any news on Mr Strange?"  

"Nothing yet." He replied glumly. Tony reached out an arm and gestured him to come closer. "Come here Pete," He pulled him into tight hug and hung there for a long while. It wasn't long before Peter could smell the alcohol from Tony, as well as being able to sense his father was at unease. Peter let go and simply looked at his eyes, they were puffy and he honestly looked like a dead plant. "He's going to be back Dad. He's got cool powers with magic n stuff." 

"So. . . What's for breakfast?" A familiar voice broke behind them. 

A/N: I honestly don't remember writing this, I've been very on and off with writing atm since life is so busy. Sorry if it's bad but I couldn't feel motivated to finish this chap. 

P.S Thank you to every single one for voting on these stories, they're honestly not the best but I'm glad there's people out there enjoying :)