First Conversion

Staring blankly at the object, Sans wondered partially what he should do with it.

I mean, if the strange machine in your basement suddenly slides out a strange red device like some sort of ATM, what would you think?

He picked it up to examine it, noticing the black rim had strange symbols punched into it — when suddenly, as if by a magnet, it zoomed straight to his neck.

Sans felt the device, and his body froze in place, refusing to obey him. His eyes stared into themselves in the reflective surface of the machine before him. what... what's happening? why can't i move? He asked himself.

It was happening fast, but he realized he could no longer feel his feet. And then, he heard the other voice. A monotone, almost robotic, voice. System initiating. Partitioning previous run-data for future reference. Engaging control of host body.

what's that?! is there some kind of computer in my head?! He could only stare forward, meaning that it was easy to see his eyesockets. They took on a blank appearance, as the pupils began to change color. Trapped in his mind, Sans could only watch the red pupils spread out, making his eyelights turn a dull shade of scarlet. He couldn't feel below his knees anymore.

Testing lower digits. Testing lower joint ankle. | what is this doing to me? am i being turned into some kind of robot?  The numbness below his waist was like it wasn't there. His eyes were now entirely red. this cannot be happening. This is illogica... aaah! i'm thinking like a robot!

He now knew that he wasn't alone like this. He was joining a network of others, the robot mind processing a connection to this network. He couldn't feel below his arms. Connection established, shutting down original run-data. Sans could understand the terms the robotic mind was using now and knew that run data meant the him that really was him. His mind.

no! don't shut me down! i don't want to be a robot!' He pleaded. His body, out of his control, stood up stiffly. It then stood to attention as Sans felt a sensation of sleep overtaking his mind. this can't be happening... pap... Sans thought, the last thoughts before his original mind was shut down being of denial, and of his brother. "System online. Host body fully functional, no damage to report. Host capacity for lowercase speech deleted." Sans said as the robotic mind took full control.

The same voice spoke again. Specify subject serial number. The symbols on the device, revealed to be numbers, glowed scarlet. "Unit Designation 1427. As original run-data implies, formerly known as Comic Sans. Species: Font Skeleton," 1247 said aloud, the once-easygoing but lively voice now blank and monotone.

Unit Designation 1427 Sans, you are ordered to run analysis of original run-data memory to select new target for conversion.

"Understood. Scanning, scanning... Potential match located. Identifier: Papyrus. Relation: Magic Brother to Host. Species: Font Skeleton. Uploading data."

Unit Designation 1427 Sans, this target is acceptable. You are commanded to capture Unit Designation 1429 Papyrus immediately."

"I understand and obey. Processing possible methods of implanting."

Sans walked out of the basement, past the central control program of his network, and proceeded to find the target, where the plan he had devised would be enacted.