5. Falling for the trap

"Get your ass inside. Don't make me repeat myself!" Fuck. He sounded annoyed. Gulping down the lump in my throat, I opened the door gently and closed it behind me. His office was huge and smelled just like him. A large black throne was in the middle-a couch and a glass table in the corner. Large shelves covered the black walls and expensive but creepy paintings. A large window gave the whole breathtaking view of his territory. Kai was sitting on the throne while Lorenzo was smoking a cigar by the window. My eyes moved to Kai, who was looking at me with predator's eyes, ready to eat me. He opened his legs, inviting me.

He got to be kidding me. He is really sick if he thinks I'm going to sit on his fucking lap. I wonder why I imagined him to be a little decent than other creepy mafia bosses. Guess he is no different.

"Camille." He demanded. Hearing my name roll off his tongue, I felt a strange sensation wash over me, a mix of excitement and uneasiness. It was as if his words had the power to captivate me. Shaking off my absurd thoughts, I stood firm on my spot, my expressions indifferent and cold.

"You didn't mind it in the car." He teased, and I clenched my jaw, feeling the anger ignite inside me.

"I was unconscious." I fisted my hand, hating myself for falling asleep in the car. It was a childhood habit. From the age of 10, I used to love visiting my father's office. He was a cop, and I enjoyed watching him catch the bad guys. I used to sit on his huge swivel chair and pretend to sign charges on blank paper. While returning home from his office, I would always fall asleep in his lap, and he would take me to my bedroom in his arms and tuck me into my bed. So many years after his death, this was the first time I slept in the backseat of a car again. The only difference- I wasn't sleeping in my father's lap but rather in his murderer's lap.

"Yeah, and that is when we took this." Lorenzo pulled out a necklace from his pants. My eyes widened as I realized it was my mum's necklace. My hand went around my neck only to feel a void.

"Give it back!" I leaped towards him, but Kai snatched my hand roughly, pulling me onto his lap. His muscular arms wrapped around my waist as he pulled me close to his body. His other hand rested on my thigh. I was never the one to be intimidated by someone, but the power this man held had me sweating like a slut in church. God, I feel pathetic.

"Let go of me," I ordered, fisting and pulling at his collar. I felt a surge of anger and frustration as I glared up at him. His face inched closer as a grin formed on his lips. I tried head-butting him, but he held me back. I struggled against him, trying to break free, but he easily held me in place. It was frustrating, humiliating even, to be so powerless in his grasp. But I refused to give up.

"I don't want to." He intensified his hold as I tried fighting him. "If you want that necklace, you'll have to spill some beans." He tried tucking my hair, but I furiously swatted at his hand, earning a chuckle from Lorenzo.

"Let go of me first," I demanded, fighting his deadly hold. I hated the fact that he was much stronger than me.

"Women kill to be where you are right now." This sick, sick bastard. Moving closer to his face to imply I wasn't afraid of him, I locked my fierce eyes with his cold ones.

"And I told you before I'm nothing like the women you have met." I gritted, emphasizing each word. A small chuckle escaped his lips as his sinister eyes flicked down to acknowledge our intimacy.

"Are you sure you are not playing hard to get?" He teased.

"Sorry. I'm not attracted to self-obsessed freaks." I smiled mockingly, and he took a sharp breath, clenching his jaw. He pulled away his hand from my waist and stood up abruptly, making me fall to the floor on my knees. Asshole. Getting up, I dusted off my sweatpants.