-02-

"Yes?" I ask. "We have a couple that wants to talk to you." The lady says. Suddenly, I felt like my stomach had butterflies. For a moment, I thought I was going to melt. I walk in the room and see two parents sitting in front of a desk next to a small chair. I could tell the chair was meant for little children. I took a deep breath and walked in further.
I sat down in the small chair quietly waiting for the lady to enter the room. "As I was saying, she would be a great daughter for you two." The lady continues to say as she walks in the room. The mother speaks up, "she looks very smart. Tell us about yourself." I gulped and started to break a nervous sweat. "Well, I love to draw. I actually have drawings in my room if you would like to see them, you can." I said. "No, that's ok." I slumped back in my chair and thought of what to say, then it came to me. "I love the ocean." I said. Her face grew in amusement. "Hmm. Art? The ocean? Are you sure you're not into cooking or cleaning?" The woman asks sarcastically. "Well, I'm sorry but no." I answered politely. I felt impulsive when I answered negatively. "Well, then you are a waist of my patience." Those last words coming from her, felt awful and rude. "Excuse but you're being rude." I spoke. "Excuse me but you are being rude by saying I am rude." "You have no right." "I have every right, darling." "Don't call me that." I growled with anger. It hit me. What I just said had hit me straight through my skull and i didn't realize it had hurt. "I am the adult here, you're just an adolescent. I'm older with more experience." "Experience in what? The art of dumb?" I sarcastically argue back. "Daisy!" The lady at the desk yells to me. "You are a disgrace, you'll never be adopted. get out!" The lady yells at me again. I stormed out with streams of tears rolling down my face.