-09-

" Peter." I smile and walk up to him. "I thought you'd never find me, I thought no one would." He says with tears in his eyes. "We have to go back." I said jerking his arm back. "Why not run?" He asks, "run away with me Daisy." I look down then back at him in tears. "Peter, I'm tired of running. I'm tired of pretending to be someone I'm not." I sob. "What are you saying?" He mumbles. I pulled his arm from my grip and pace back and forth. I hold my head in my hands and fall to my knees. "I'm saying—I'm tired of people treating me like I'm nothing." "I'm tired of pretending for people too and especially hiding my feelings, Daisy. I want you to be mine, I never loved someone as much as I loved you and It's driving me insane." I look up at him. "I would do anything to be with you but right  now, I just need to figure out my surroundings. We need to head back, Lydia is probably worried about us."
  "No need." Carter says standing in front of us. Lydia was standing next to him holding his hand. "What kind of sick twisted monster are you?" I asked with rage. "Let me explain, Daisy." Lydia steps forward calmly. "I don't need an explanation." I said crossing my arms. "Just hear me out. I know what you saw from him wasn't very good but he has a good heart, he's lost his family, and been abused so he has a reason to act this way." Lydia explains. "I'm so sorry for what I did and I know you'll never forgive me but I just want you to know that I'm not going to harm you or anyone ever again." He apologized to me. "I forgive you." I smiled and hugged him tightly. "We can all run away together." Peter suggests. "How about to the ocean?" I asked smiling. "If you say so Daisy." Peter smiles, holds me tightly and kisses me on the lips. "Let's go home." Carter says smiling at all of us. We all formed a group hug and started walking up the hill. We didn't know exactly where we were going but wherever our journey may be, when the trees lead us a path, when the river flows beside us, or beside you, you're family sticks with you. That's when you know you're home.