Family

"So is this going to be a daily thing?" Jughead whispered to Betty. They were sitting on the couch looking towards the kitchen. Charles was sitting at the table getting a plate placed in front of him. Alice pecked a kiss on his temple and pulled out a seat. She couldn't stop looking at her precious son. She didn't care that he was a grown man. He was her baby.

FP was in the kitchen mixing a bowl of batter with some help from Jellybean. She flicked a little on his face and giggled. He gasped and reached for the spoon. "No, daddy!" She tried to hide behind the island. He hovered over and flicked a speck back at her. He chuckled with mirth. He mixed the rest of the bowl above his head so Jellybean couldn't reach. She circled around him and tried to get it on her tippy toes. Charles laughed softly at what he was seeing. Alice watched in sheer awe.

"I'm pretty sure it will be," Betty laid her head on his shoulder. "Ever since your dad insisted on us moving in we've been nothing but a big dysfunctional family. But I mean...look at them. They've been so happy since Charles turned up alive." She stood up and dragged Jughead to the table for breakfast. FP carried a batch of pancakes to the table. He stood in between both of his sons,  ruffling their hair, before grabbing a seat next to Alice. "I'm an FBI agent not a little boy." Charles fixed his hair, slicking it back.

"If I can go from Serpent King to Sheriff Jones I can mess with my boy's hair." FP took a bite of his pancake and smirked.

"We just love you, sweetheart." Alice smiled from ear to ear. FP nodded in agreement. He pecked a kiss on her cheek and went back to his breakfast.

"At least you didn't get pancake mix in your hair," Jellybean said. FP chuckled and pecked a kiss on the top of her head.

"So what kind of stuff have you investigated with the government?" Jughead asked Charles.

"You," Charles bit on a chunk of pancake. He pointed his fork at him. "Don't want to know."

"Oh but I do." Jughead eagerly nodded.

"You won't be able to sleep at night."

"I've seen my fair share of trauma. I'll live. Now spill."

"Leave your brother alone," FP glanced over at Jughead.

"So what did you see?" Betty tried to ask now.

"Elizabeth," Alice said. FP chuckled. He knew they were just curious. "Anyway eat up kids. You have school in a couple of minutes."

"Jug, you can take my truck but you have to drop off Jellybean on your way." FP told him.

"Gotcha," Jughead put his hand out for the keys. FP tossed him the keys.

A cry came from the baby monitor on the counter. Alice scooted her chair back. FP put a hand on her knee. "I'll get it." He pushed his chair back and went to their bedroom to get them.

The twins have been staying with them after Alice retrieved them from Cheryl and her mother, who's still on the run. Cheryl stopped by some days after school to spend time with the twins. To her it was like having a piece of Jason with her.

The kids continued to talk amongst themselves until Charles hushed them. He pointed to the baby monitor. They all quietly listened to FP with the babies. "Hey, there's no need to cry." He was using his baby voice to talk to them. He had picked them up and pressed them against his hips. He swayed from side to side causing them to giggle. "You two sound better all giggly. Again?" Their giggles got louder. FP joined in on the giggles too.

FP came down the stairs with the twins. "Look, Al, look!" FP turned the corner and entered the kitchen. He danced with the babies and made them giggle so sweetly. "They love it."

"You've gone soft, dad." Jughead laughed. He honestly loved seeing this.

"I did not," FP denied yet continued to do what he was doing.

"Has he always been like this?" Charles asked.

Everyone except Alice answered no. They all looked at her shocked. "Well it's true," She told the kids. "As scary as he tries to look he's just a sweet man."

•••

FP sat on the couch watching Blue's Clues with Juniper and Dagwood on his lap. Alice walked up behind him and curled an arm around his neck. She pressed a kiss on his cheek. "What are they having you watch?"

"I'm taking notes," FP tilted his head back. She pressed a kiss on his lips.

"Looks like you're enjoying it more than the twins," She chuckled.

"Sit," FP flung an arm behind to grab her. "They knocked out an episode in." Alice walked around the couch and snuggled up next to him. FP kept his arm around her. "I just don't get it. How does this Steve guy understand the dog?"

"Babe, you're just overthinking it."

"That's what you said about Dora. Like how is she just leaving the house to explore? What do her parents think she's up to?"

"Our kids do it all the time."

"She's like eight."

"Let's just watch the cartoon."

The twins began to stir in their sleep. FP looked down at them. "See they agree with me." Alice fondly rolled her eyes at him. Deep down she loved this. "Al, do you want to see something I taught these kiddos?"

"Do I?" Alice arched an eyebrow.

"Watch," FP smiled widely. "Kissy kissy, por favor."

The twins tilted their heads up and kissed his cheeks as he lowered his head. Alice thought she fell in love with this man once again. "Por favor?" Alice chortled.

"Dora taught us to have manners, honey."

"I want kisses too."

FP pecked a kiss on her lips. "From my grandkids, Jonesy." Alice grabbed the twins from him. "Kissy kissy, please." They didn't pucker up for him.

"The trick is to say por favor." FP rested his head on the palm of his hand. "I don't know why they're only responsive in spanish."

"Kissy kissy, por favor." Alice repeated after FP. The twins both kissed Alice this time. "Well I guess that spanish class in high school did come in handy after all."

Alice stared longingly at FP. FP noticed after a couple of seconds. "What?" He smiled.

"I just love you so much."

"I love you too."

•••

I hope S4 is finally Falice's season. They deserve cute family screen time.