Trust

•••

•••

FP looked at her like she was his whole world. She had the twinkle in her idea tht he was very familiar with. "What are you thinking about, Jones?" Alice asked with a smile.

"You're amazing you know that, right?"

"I mean," Alice shrugged. "I don't know if I'm that great."

"I didn't mean that," FP chuckled. "But there's that too, oh definitely." He positioned himself by propping himself up with his elbow. He brought his finger up to her forehead. "There's a big, intelligent brain in there. Amazing." He pointed at her eyes. "These look too beautiful when I get to stare into them. Amazing." He bopped her nose. "This crinkles up like a cute little bunny rabbit when you laugh so sweetly. Amazing." He pressed his finger against her lips. "These, these are just so plump and kissable. I love having mine against yours. Amazing."

Alice was so invested in her love for this man that everything else around her was drowned out. He continued listing everything he found so amazing about her but she was deep in her thoughts.

She felt so safe around him. She felt like she could be herself. She just felt normal. She loved this man with all she's got. She wondered if she could just tell him. "FP?" She interrupted him.

"Yeah, baby?" He sweetly said. But before she could speak his phone began to ring. "Aren't you going to get that?"

"It's okay. I'll get it later. You were saying something."

"Maybe it's important."

"Al, you're important."

He always gave her a reason to fall in love with him again. "Answer, maybe it's Jughead."

"You're right. Boy, has me worried sick." FP pecked a kiss on her lips before climbing off the bed and slipped his underwear back on. "I'll be right back."

She watched him go. She sat up with the sheets wrapped around her. She swung her legs down to the side of the bed and stood up. She spotted FP's Serpent jacket hanging on a chair in the other side of the bedroom so she ditched the blanket and went for the jacket. She slipped it on and it covered her up. It had FP's masculine scent that she loved. It felt like he was holding her. She wandered down the hall to look for FP. He was still on the phone. He looked at her and wrapped up the conversation. "I'm on my way. Thanks for the call."

"Who was it?" She asked curiously. Deep down she kind of already knew. FP approached her. He wrapped his arms around her middle. "Gladys. Somehow Jughead found his way to Toledo with little red boxing gloves. I'm going to have to go now if I want to catch up to Fred on the road. I'm really sorry."

"It's okay. You have to bring Jughead back home." Alice smiled.

"Before I leave, what did you want to tell me?" He still remembered she wanted to talk to him.

"Oh, nothing." She lied. "I just wanted to tell you that...that I love being with you." She did mean that but that wasn't what she wanted to tell him.

"I do too," He kissed her forehead. "I promise to be back as soon as possible." He acknowledged his jacket on her. "And you look hot in that."

"I look hot in everything," Alice cheekily smiled.

"Also in nothing," FP winked.

She smacked his shoulder and laughed. "Just go get Jug." He walked to the bedroom to get dressed. She stood where she was and watched sadly as he went. He turned around with a smile to look at her again. She smiled back at him before he turned back.