Serpent at Heart

Season 4 FP is really representing character development. I think his new authority toys with how he protects his loved ones. He's going to show more of a strict side most likely which could cause him issues with his kids and possibly Alice as they still work out what they are or where they stand.

•••

Chaos in Riverdale has gone dormant to the naked eye. No more sadistic serial killers, organ harvesting lunatics, or death wishes brought upon by a board game. Everything in the town has calmed down.

FP carried a stack of his blankets to his closet in the hall downstairs. He neatly put them on the shelf and grabbed his uniform before heading to the bathroom to change. He would have normally gotten ready for work in the master bedroom, but after welcoming Alice and her daughter back into what used to be their house, he without a second thought gave her back her room. He wouldn't let her sleep on a crappy couch in the living room when she could have a warm bed upstairs.

He heard a ruckus coming from the kitchen and immediately went to go see what it was. He could see his daughter cleaning up a shattered bowl at her feet.

"What happened here?" FP stepped in with his hands busy looping his tie around himself.

"Nothing," Jellybean grumpily said. She didn't look up at him.

"You're going to cut yourself, sweetheart. I'll take care of it." FP tried to get her to move away from the sharp pieces.

"I can do it myself," She shoved him back. FP took note of her odd behavior. He knew she was still adjusting to her mother being gone but he never witnessed this extent of moodiness from her. There was something bothering her.

"Jellybean, seriously, baby, what's wrong?" He calmly asked her. He didn't want to push her buttons.

"I already said nothing," She brushed past him.

"You can talk to me. You know that."

"I want to go home!"

"You are home."

"No, I want to go home! I want to see mom!"

"I can't do that for you." He shook his head. "I'm sorry." FP's face softened. He knew she missed her but he also knew she wasn't safe around her.

"I hate you!" Jellybean screamed at him as she walked away.

"Jellybean! Come back here!"

Jellybean spun around on her heels and glared at him. "What?"

"I know you're mad but that doesn't give you the right to disrespect me like that, do you understand?"

She scoffed. "You just started to be a dad." Her eyebrows creased together. "Mom was always there when you weren't, when you were out with the Serpents instead of at home. And when you actually were home you just went from bottle to bottle as if you were the child in the house." FP was left speechless. He couldn't believe the words coming out of her mouth. Gladys truly did turn her against him. A part of him couldn't blame her. He wasn't always the best father. He's missed out on so much of her life. "You can keep pretending to play hero but you're always going to be that man I didn't know." She stormed off to her room.